Does Fastenal Sell to the General Public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanting to know if they sell to corporate accounts or individuals walking in. A new branch just opened up close to me and it would be real convenient to be able to go there for things.

I'm guessing that , regardless of official policy, if you walk in and wanna buy something - they aren't gonna turn you away.

I worked for one of their competitors for 19 years - and while it was our official policy to only sell B2B, we would not turn any customer away. The official policy is for legal, warranty, and regulatory reasons.

I shop at Graingers for my workplace and they seem to be expensive. Fastenal seems to be even worse, at least on the items I checked. I think the attraction of these places is their convenience (large selection) and not their prices.

Grainger is a lot cheaper than big box stores like HomeDepot, Lowes and Ace from my experience.

Yes watch their prices. Compair Grainger to Fastenal when buying power tools and the like, they have always been more expensive than the box stores for more common tools. Where fastenal really shines is the items they carry that you cannot get or find just anywhere. If you need it - and cannot find it any where - and they have it - they will soon be your hero!
49.gif

Fastenal does indeed sell to the public, and I am fortunate to have one very close by. Prices are steep, but stuff is top quality and mostly USA made. For example, I was looking for 1- 1/2" square tubing. Found some at Home Depot but was thin walled Chinese junk. Found same at Fastenal and was much beefier. I treat it as a man's boutique store! LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back