What brand spark plug wires do you use or hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
NGK wire are garbage due to bad (leaky) "wire" and insulator quality. GM wires used to be great as they used PACKARD wire - the best high voltage wire going BY FAR. Even many ASIAN mfg used to source packard wire since the dielectric is superior in tems of voltage/leakage containment threshold. Remember this is a high voltage resonant circuit - low impedance/ft or having (metal) wire is not a good thing. Many MFG that build machines that require a spark gap (like K&S Wirebonders) use packard also. I dont even know if they are in business anymore - time to google ...

The OE plug wires on my cav are packard. :D

The best wires I have ever used are ones I custom make with Packard wire. I have a big spool of Packard wire, with an assortment of boots and terminal types. I also have a terminal crimper I got in an MSD custom set that goes in a vice to clamp and it works great. The Packard wire is very strong and durable.

I hate Bosch spark plug wires. I mistakenly installed them, a while back, on my sister's Corolla. Two wires failed within a year actually leaving her stranded. They are absolute bottom quality junk (like other Bosch products in my experience)

Last edited:
Dislike Denso first time fit for Taurus (looks cheap and low quality), but love Denso OEM for Honda.

Make sense? They look very different.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Dislike Denso first time fit for Taurus (looks cheap and low quality), but love Denso OEM for Honda.

Make sense? They look very different.

Denso first time fit wires are another disappointment, 100 percent agreed. HUGE difference between OEM and First Time Fit.

I made the mistake of ordering First Time Fits thinking they'd be OE quality, but found that their fitment was awful and overall quality was no good. OEM Yazaki on my Lexus cost a little more but they can be counted on to last ten years and 200,000 miles.

Depends, I always use NAPA plug wires but last time I did a tune up Kragen had a cheap set of made in US plug wires called omni spark, Silicone, working so far on the jeep for 30k.

I have been happy with the quality and fit of the Belden wires from NAPA. Good price, too. I recently installed new plugs (NGK V-Power) and only replaced the wires because one was damaged.

I noticed that one wire was kind of a snug fit.

Lifetime warranty says something to me.

K

I don't like to use anything other than OE, or Beck/Arnley.

That is because I'm usually given cheap auto part store wires, and they don't work or last as long as OE.

That in mind, I never am asked to installed the kind of wires sold by speed parts companies, so I don't know how good those kinds of wires are.

Napa Belden Lifetime Warranty or Ford/Motorcraft wires for Fords as well. The Napa wires are reasonably priced and have always given me good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back