Favorite cereal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dwcopple
real oatmeal, cereal is garbage.

You're conflicted there dw, oatmeal is a cereal.

The biggest negative to the box name brand cereals is the sodium content IMO. Eat to much at once and you can eat 50% of your daily sodium content in one sitting. I love to eat cereal dry as a snack.

+1

Eating the box would probably be more nutritious than much of that processed, boxed cereal.

I prefer whole foods like oatmeal, rice, millet, etc. I eat shredded wheat once in a while. IMHO it's not as bad as that sugar laden junk.

Originally Posted By: XS650

oats are a grain. when you add a bunch of garbage and process the snot out of it, then it becomes cereal, see instant flavored [censored] for an example.

oats are a grain. when you add a bunch of garbage and process the snot out of it, then it becomes cereal, see instant flavored [censored] for an example.

If you are going to make up your own definitions and use them, please say so when you first use them.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
When I am on the road I always order grits.

Do you get a lot of blank looks outside the south?

I don't think I could even find real grits around here, the version they sell in grocery stores here is some king of quick cooking version.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
When I am on the road I always order grits.

Do you get a lot of blank looks outside the south?

I only order it in the south...Georgia and the Carolinas [via I-95] make the best grits...I have had good grits in Broward County also.

In Broward ?
21.gif

At a Waffle House ?

i don't eat cereal (I should...)
wifey says lucky charms,frosted mini wheats for taste, but due to them not being nutritious, she prefers now: Quaker Oat Meal Squares, Kashi warm Cinnamon oat cereal.

Last edited:
A couple years ago I tried Puffins and got hooked.

Then, recently, I found out that Quaker Corn Bran is nearly the same thing. It tastes a little better, it's cheaper, and it has vitamins missing from the Puffins. It's now my favorite.

HFCE109.JPG

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds.

Excellent with Bananas, Blueberries or Strawberries on it also!

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: Stu_Rock
A couple years ago I tried Puffins and got hooked.

Then, recently, I found out that Quaker Corn Bran is nearly the same thing. It tastes a little better, it's cheaper, and it has vitamins missing from the Puffins. It's now my favorite.

HFCE109.JPG

My absolute fave, right there!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back