A new American made engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else following this scam??

Jan 12: RVGD - Revenge- stock trading suspended, fraud suspected.

Yet read the posters on the investors boards, sure that the problem is big oil, GM, Ford, various conspiracies, and the big runup is almost ready to happen!! People that are convinced that it is real because:

They saw a video tape of an old Mustang squealing its tires....
they see the same press release published in lot of different newspapers.....
They think that newspaper reporters writing what the scammers tell them is some sort of evidence....

Surely a study in human gullibility!! I see that he has also added "precision tolerances and careful manufacturing" to being the secret. Wow, if I just paid more attention last time I blueprinted a motor I would have got 100 mpg!!

Oops he also adds that magnets help drive the pistons up and down. So, no longer using aluminum pistons anymore, back to cast iron or something magnetic, same as the 1930's. Walter P Chrysler should be shamed, he was the first to use aluminum pistons in a production car - think of the gas we have wasted as a result!!

Hey my Florida swampland investments aren't doing so hot. Maybe I could switch 100% of my portfolio to this! NOT!

Anybody remember the Dale?
21.gif

Yes, I remember her. Finally a him!!
The small car was to be superfast, excellent gas mileage, just generally better at everything. Of course no independent verification, but the news reporters gobbled it up and the gullible among us fell for......

nothing!!

Using E-85 as a fuel source is a mistake. If the United States converted it's entire corn harvest to the production of ethanol, it would replace only 10-12% of our current gasoline consumption. Ethanol only survives because of government subsidies.

Originally Posted By: outoforder
Using E-85 as a fuel source is a mistake. If the United States converted it's entire corn harvest to the production of ethanol, it would replace only 10-12% of our current gasoline consumption. Ethanol only survives because of government subsidies.
Because of the ADM lobby.

from wiki... if you believe it,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel

Ethanol (E100) consumption in an engine is approximately 51% higher than for gasoline since the energy per unit volume of ethanol is 34% lower than for gasoline.

Current high compression ethanol-only engine designs are approximately 20-30% less fuel efficient than their gasoline-only counterparts.

In theory, all fuel-driven vehicles have a fuel economy (measured as miles per US gallon, or liters per 100 km) that is directly proportional to the fuel's energy content.

Ethanol contains approx. 34% less energy per unit volume than gasoline, and therefore in theory, burning pure ethanol in a vehicle will result in a 34% reduction in miles per US gallon, given the same fuel economy, compared to burning pure gasoline.

Based on EPA tests for all 2006 E85 models, the average fuel economy for E85 vehicles resulted 25.56% lower than unleaded gasoline.

-------------

and you can also figure economy from stoichiometric ratio of the fuel. Gasoline is 14.7, E-100 is 9.0. What does that tell you... you need more fuel per volume of air. I'm sorry to say, with the exception of diesel they got gasoline right about 40 years ago. And now they want to handle health care for us, we're screwed.

Just ran 10 gallons of 10% ethanol and 20 gallons of e85 and got .8 less mpg then normal. Normal for my van is 16 mpg. The 2002 dodge 318 v8 ran well, if there was a power loss i could not tell, no pinging, no missess, E85 in Tennessee is $2.19 gal at the Pilot n Crossville tn. E10 is $2.57 a gal. It adds up for me because I use 100 gal. a week, but Im not sure I will keep doing this. It was a one time test so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back