Post your latest small engine oil change

Craftsman 42" Lawn Tractor, 22HP B&S Intek twin, is getting Delvac 1300 15w-40 and MC FL-400s this weekend. Florida tropical heat will be here soon.

Thanks to the bitoger's that suggested the MC 400 filter in my earlier post
cheers3.gif

Troy-bilt 5500w generator is getting the last of the Rotella.

Pressure washer is getting Delvac also.

Dave

Last edited:
2002 Honda Harmony mower xenoy deck GCV 160 with tuned carburator
RN6YC champ. plug--- OIL: Lubro moly 5w-40 synthoil + 3 oz. MOS2 moly add.

I changed it out at the end of last season.
I was using Quaker State Synthetic 10w30, but I put in
15oz 15w40 Rotella, 1oz Marvel Mystrey Oil.
It smoked a bit at the initial seasonal start, only took 3 pulls, but soon afterward it stopped and ran normal.

I have had the mower for one season, a Toro with B&S engine, and after a couple hours of usage I plan on dumping the current mix and going to Rotella T6. At the end of last season I was still getting some silvery debires out with a hot oil change.

Cub Cadet 1600 with a 17.5hp Briggs Vanguard engine:

Pennzoil Platinum 10w30 with a Napa 7035 filter; new air filter; new Champion spark plug; new inline fuel filter. Now if I had the blades sharpened I would be ready to mow.

Spring '09 - John Deere lawn tractor
Castrol Syntec 0w30 and Wix oil filter
Based on appearance of the oil, I probably won't change the oil until Spring '11.

Today
2009 Troy-Bilt w/ Honda engine
AMSOIL SSO

I'm a bad person and didn't change the oil last year at all. Didn't really use it that much, either, but the oil that came out (factory fill) sure looked metallic...

Supertech 10w30 in an mtd yardman. I believe it's a briggs and stratton engine. Older model, got it for free from the Dad. After oil change, started on first pull of season.

Ehhh small engine? I hope this qualifies!

I have a 3 or 4 year old Yard Machines riding mower, 38" 13.5HP Briggs engine. Bought it last year off craigslist. The seller said he had "just changed the oil with the briggs & stratton brand oil" and I said "thats great, but its getting drained as soon as I get it home and refilled with Amsoil" ...
48.gif

So anyways, last year I ran 10w/30 Amsoil synthetic small engine oil, put about ~75 hours on the riding mower (200x100 lot), changed it out today and it still looked pretty good!!

So to answer the question, I refilled with Amsoil's 10w/30 small engine synthetic oil again
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Briggs push mower and Chonda snowthrower both got Edge 5W-30 this year since it was left over from the car oil changes I just did (got a deal on it). In past years it has been M1 5W-30EP.

Back