3M Windo Weld

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bad water leak flooding the drivers side of my 96 Beretta and used 3M Windo Weld to seal the windshield and body seams. The fix was successful but unfortunately it was a messy job and even though I was wearing plasic gloves I got the Windo Weld on my hands and arms. I tried everything to get the Windo Weld off my skin (acetone,paint remover etc) without success. I'm a mess. Can anyone suggest what to use to clean this stuff off my skin.

Originally Posted By: Farbie
I had a bad water leak flooding the drivers side of my 96 Beretta and used 3M Windo Weld to seal the windshield and body seams. The fix was successful but unfortunately it was a messy job and even though I was wearing plasic gloves I got the Windo Weld on my hands and arms. I tried everything to get the Windo Weld off my skin (acetone,paint remover etc) without success. I'm a mess. Can anyone suggest what to use to clean this stuff off my skin.

I got Herculiner on my hands while doing the truck bed and nothing took it off. Until I tried old fashioned Lava soap. A few scrubbings and it started coming off. Might try that.

John

yeah, scrub and scrub some more. The more it hurts the closer you are to getting it off.

With some products, you learn to use gloves.
I'll betcha it is mention in the instructions somewhere!
Lacquer thinner is brutal, but should work.
Remember, that particular 3M product is not designed to come off or be solved!

I love that adhesive. It's nearly impossible to remove from skin, though. You'll have to scrub off the first layer of skin cells.

If it's still wet, tetrachloroethylene or d-limonene will remove it.

Can't remember what I used didn't seem to hard to get off. Didn't get much of my hands though compared to the expandable foam I used on the house.. now that was a pain to remove.

So far, you've either tried or been recommended for use, most of the most carcinogenic substances legally sold. Quit while you're alive.

The best thing to use is this stuff called basic h. It's eco-friendly all purpose cleaner. I use a little bit of that and a blue scour pad and maybe some dish soap and got almost all of the 3m window weld off my hands

If Windo-Weld is that black urethane stuff, it's hard to get it off. I've seen Safelite trucks carry a tub of scrubs to get it off their hands ASAP.

Find yourself some painter's hand cleaner - it's formulated to attack urethane but you might be out of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back