Synlube MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: saaber1
Nothing but another scam

LOL, the Synlube peddlers don't seem to get it. BITOG in general doesn't care about your product. It is way too gimmicky and the whole business license revoking in NV says something.

Yet they keep trying.

Eh, what's the harm in having more information? I don't know about you but I can't imagine how posting an MSDS could be a construed as a sales pitch.

File it under "P" for "Passing Curiosity" and move on, IMO.

Meh, most likely a fake MSDS anyhow. If the company doesn't have a valid business license, then any info from that scam company is not valid also.

This is just:
18.gif

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Eh, what's the harm in having more information? I don't know about you but I can't imagine how posting an MSDS could be a construed as a sales pitch.

More to do with the fact that this and the PDS have never been revealed before now I would think.

Why mail it to a member and not put it on its website?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: d00df00d

Agreed, d00df00d!

Originally Posted By: dsmith41
Eh, after considering it for about 0.4 nanoseconds, I'll pass.

You really considered it for that long.....i didn't even consider it at all.

Well ain't his just great - no warranty

Information given herein is offered in good faith as accurate, but without guarantee. Conditions of use and suitability of the product for particular uses are beyond our control; the user therefore assumes all risks of use of the product and WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE
, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN RESPECT TO THE USE OR SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT.

I'm anything but a Synlube fanboi, maybe if I have some snakes that need to be lubed someday....

To be fair, Miro was challenged to produce an MSDS sheet and he did. I suspect it was created because of a concern that someone would drop a dime on him for not having one. Note the date on it.

Miro also explained that Mirox is the parent company of Synlube and they do business under that license.

Of course, Synlubes BBB F rating and permanently yanked business license are hanging out there for all to see. There does appear to be something rotten in Denmark^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Las Vegas.

Originally Posted By: DieselTech

You really considered it for that long.....i didn't even consider it at all.

I've always thought of myself as a fair and just guy.
55.gif

Originally Posted By: badnews
Well ain't his just great - no warranty

Information given herein is offered in good faith as accurate, but without guarantee. Conditions of use and suitability of the product for particular uses are beyond our control; the user therefore assumes all risks of use of the product and WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL
WARRANTIES OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE
, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN RESPECT TO THE USE OR SUITABILITY OF THE PRODUCT.

With that kind of warranty they should have gone for broke and called it the million mile oil. Just top up change the filter once every 100,000 miles and run it for a million miles. LOL What amazes me is there are some people that actually might have bought some of this stuff for their cars. Anyone want to buy a bridge?

I would say that this MSDS should have been at the Synlube website a long time ago.

There is nothing that has been discovered about Synlube that would make me want to try some in the engine of my car. On the contary all of the stuff that has been discovered so far has been so negative that I would never buy any of this stuff even to use in my lawnmower.

How much negative can it get? People have discovered that Synlube received an F rating from the Nevada BBB. I think a company has to 'earn' that rating. People have used Google maps and apparently even driven past the site where Synlube is supposed to be located. There was no lubrication plant discovered. There was the permanently revoked buiness license.

I cannot imagine anybody at bitgo wanting to give this motor oil a try.

Originally Posted By: XS650

To be fair, Miro was challenged to produce an MSDS sheet and he did. I suspect it was created because of a concern that someone would drop a dime on him for not having one. Note the date on it.

Still possible I think. All these years and no MSDS til now.

Especially for that RX-7 they claim uses this magic oil. Even though the website says not for use in Mazda rotary engines.

More proof of what we are dealing with here. They claim Synlube is used in an RX-7 and at the website it says not for use in the Mazda rotary engines. Can' they keep their claims straight? At least they should proofread what they write.

Check this out for Synlubes viscosity:

Viscosity at 40 degrees Celcius is 100

Here are some dino oil's that have the same viscosity or come close.

Valvoline 20W-50
Viscosity at 40 degrees Celcius is 100

Bradd Penn 20W-50
Viscosity at 40 degrees Celcius is 97.1

This is telling me that Miro's junk is a 20W-50 oil, maybe that's o.k. for the summertime, but try starting your car in the wintertime when its 0 degrees outside.

My 1983 Chevrolet El Camino calls for 10W-30, even cars in the 1970's called for 10W-30

I think cars in the 1960's may have called for 10W-40

His oil is almost twice as thick as Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 at 40 degrees celcius, I think PP 5W-30 is like 57.6

No wonder these UOA's with Synlube look terrible, we all know that 85% of our engine wear is on startup or as Gary Allan says during the 1st twenty minutes of driving, you want an oil that can flow as fast as it can on startup to lube all of the parts in an engine.

How do I know, I remember starting the El Camino back in the 1980's on dino 10W-40 in 15 degree weather, it barely started and made funky noises, I went to Mobil 1 5W-30 for the wintertime and no more hard starting or noises, summertime was Mobil 1 10W-30, the Mobil 1 flowed faster than that 10W-40 dino oil.

Using Miro's oil is like having 20W-50, I do not care if his junk is synthetic, a thinner synthetic oil is still going to flow faster than a thick synthetic oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back