Which oil in a 2006 chevy colorado?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its a chevy colorado, 3.5l inline 5 4x4. 5w-30. Im from toronto canada. I dont drive hard at all, and my daily drive is mostly highway, half traffic and half moving well. the truck has 90,000 kms. i jus did a change with Mobil 1 synthetic.

What do you guys recommend to use and which oil filter

Thanks

The oil you're using is just fine.

Pure One, Wix, M1, Napa Gold, all would work well for you.

Much more important to change your oil regularly than which oil and filter you use. Many of us just use what's on sale.

Welcome to bitog :)

Originally Posted By: hate2work
The oil you're using is just fine.

Pure One, Wix, M1, Napa Gold, all would work well for you.

Much more important to change your oil regularly than which oil and filter you use. Many of us just use what's on sale.

Welcome to bitog :)

Thanks for the reply. I had researched around here for a few weeks and decided on mobil 1. But I figured Ild throw it out there and see what other opinions/reasons I get.

Originally Posted By: j_dacunha
its a chevy colorado, 3.5l inline 5 4x4. 5w-30. Im from toronto canada. I dont drive hard at all, and my daily drive is mostly highway, half traffic and half moving well. the truck has 90,000 kms. i jus did a change with Mobil 1 synthetic.

What do you guys recommend to use and which oil filter

Thanks

My Brother in law has the same truck( only difference is he has a 2WD ). He has been running Quaker State HP 5W-30( now Ultimate Durability )with an AC filter( $3.59 around here ). It has done very well for him. Truck runs strong and he gets good MPG.

QS UD, Penzoil Platinum, Valvoline Synpower, Kendall GT1, and even Mobil 1 all will work fine with your truck. As for filters just buy a quality name brand one like AC, Purolator, Wix, etc... that is the most affordable around you and run the oil out until the OLM comes on. Just avoid cheap ones like Fram IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back