John Deere J21A spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest JD Spec for Hyd fluid is J21A...Anybody know how this differs from J20C ? I heard they were going to require a low level of Zinc, perhaps this is the difference? Not having much luck with google on this one.

This may sound to simple, but have you tried contacting John Deere's technical department. I have alway found them pretty up front about things like this.

I have a tractor (790)that requires Low Viscosity J21A. Right now I'm using Schaffers Simplex Synthetic Blend. Can't tell any difference except the cost.

When I bought the Simplex I ordered enough product to get free shipping. The best thing was a case of Scaeffers Grease. This stuff has no equal. Does not wash out or fling out of the u-joints.

Originally Posted By: Neil Womack
I have a tractor (790)that requires Low Viscosity J21A. Right now I'm using Schaffers Simplex Synthetic Blend. Can't tell any difference except the cost.

When I bought the Simplex I ordered enough product to get free shipping. The best thing was a case of Scaeffers Grease. This stuff has no equal. Does not wash out or fling out of the u-joints.

How is that working for you? i thought about getting 25 gals for my ford but the price was crazy.

you can say that again,i use 238 on every thing,my backhoe,trucks etc,last a loong time,no pound out wash out great grease.

I don't think I will use the Simplex again. Nothing wrong with it. The Deere product is cheaper and I don't need cold temp oil flow.

Could be just the ticket were the temp outside is lower than my freezers temp.

I was thinking one time deer hy-gard or CASE IH hy-trans,both 134D spec'd for my ford and a quality well built oil.

Look for a post I made 1-5-03 it is a virgin analysis of Schaeffers Simplex an John Deere Low Vis.

Look in the Hydraulic Fluids section and the title is Tractor Fluid Comparison.

Sorry don't know how to set up a link.

Originally Posted By: Neil Womack
Look for a post I made 1-5-03 it is a virgin analysis of Schaeffers Simplex an John Deere Low Vis.

Look in the Hydraulic Fluids section and the title is Tractor Fluid Comparison.

Sorry don't know how to set up a link.

search will only go back to '07 on that one,happen to have it saved on your computer someplace??? love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back