Redline technologies performance chips?

I have been researching performance chips and came across a brand called Redline Technologies. I could only find them on ebay, no website or mention of them anywhere else. The claims of this Chip are outstanding huge gains in power and fuel economy(15+) and performance all around with a guaranteed, plus they claim to increase engine longevity, and helps you pass smog at a fraction of the best competitors price($19.89). I'm assuming that the majority of people on this site are performance gurus, making this the place to ask, has anyone heard of this company or had experience with the product?

NO, AVOID, and STOP NOW.

Mostly they skew maf signals so your car runs rich or lean, causing issues, and blowing stuff up.

Software tuning is legitimate. However selling it for $19.98 is an absolute scam. I used to make performance chips for a BMW tuner and know how much the R and D cost to even to begin reverse engineering the firmware in an ECU. It is way out of the reach of any [censored] who claims he is selling performance chips on Ebay only for $20. We used to find people selling our chips (pirated) on Ebay and usually there was either no data on the chip or the data was giberish. I am suspecting something similar is happening with this seller.

Usually what these are is a resistor to make it think the air is cooler. So it will inject more fuel. At least for the 30 seconds after a cold start for the O2s to start switching and bring it back in line where it is supposed to be.

most no-name chips are just that, no name ripoffs of somebody's copyrighted software, copied and reflashed to another chip via one means or another.

Using these though they seem to sell open market, in reality makes you a criminal if they are ripped off codes.

Even good independents who do tunes (some better than the big names who put some good research $$$ into them) will charge Well in excess of $100...

Then of course there are the ones that skew signals, report incorrect info to the ECU, and just kill your engine life.

I did a performance tuner on my truck, and Im pretty happy with it. I went with the Superchips Cortex .... costed a little more than $20 though.

Last edited:
A superchip tuner is a whole different animal that this piece of [censored]. A tuner is going to change ignition timing and fuel mixture as well as cam timing etc. if its equipped. All this thing does is modify whatever signal you tap it into (MAF, O2, CTS, etc.) which isn't going to do anything positive. Its can't even be called a tuner, its a signal modifier.

Thats exactly what I thought when I read it. It is a funny read. So are any of the legitimate company's worth checking out. I just bought an 02 jeep liberty and am looking for performance up-grades. mostly on fuel economy. Or is it all a rip off?

The legitimate companies can provide some performance benefits. However, as cars become more sophisticated it is getting harder and harder to find power from a simple software upgrade. In the past, before closed loop ignition systems had reached the level of sophistication it has today, it was possible to get significant extra power with simple software tuning. Older cars (like pre 2000) were tuned for very low octane fuel (like 80 octane) because if the customer got a tank of 'bad' gas the engine needed to survive and not detonate itself. Advancing the ignition timing via software could legitimately increase power. However, today's modern engine management systems run the timing towards the ragged edge already and can can adjust the ignition timing to accommodate low octane fuel without damaging the engine. AS to whether it will help you with your Jeep, I don't know. You can only try it and see what happens. One of the new tricks these companies use is to reprogram the fly-by-wire throttle system so the throttle opens quicker at low throttle angles. This makes it appear that the engine has more power because the engine does produce more power for a given throttle pedal angle. However, at wide open throttle the power is the same. I don't know whether that Jeep has a fly-by-wire throttle.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TheSCkiD
Thats exactly what I thought when I read it. It is a funny read. So are any of the legitimate company's worth checking out. I just bought an 02 jeep liberty and am looking for performance up-grades. mostly on fuel economy. Or is it all a rip off?

I just did a quick search and nothing from the top companies is available for the liberty. The ones that I hear good things about are Diablo Sport, Superchips, and SCT. For anything else make sure you read what other people say about them. There could be a company out there than makes something for a liberty that works. Try finding a Jeep forum, as there should be more application specific help there.
If youre looking for performance/gas mileage and have some extra money, do a cat-back exhaust and a cold air intake. For a little more you can bore out the throttle body, intake manifold, headers, cams, and so on. Its all about how much money your willing to spend. I did the intake, cat-back, and a programmer for my truck just to get a little extra power, but even after spending $1k, you dont notice much of an increase.
IMHO, dont do any upgrades like that if you just want better gas mileage. Unless youre putting on a ton of miles, some of those products will never pay for themselves. If you want performance, then I would start doing mods. For gas mileage, do the simple things. Clean the air filter, ride with the correct tire pressure, remove excess weight, keep your foot out of it, and enjoy your mileage.

If it is under $20, then all it is is a resistor to put instead of the air temperature sensor. Or maybe the coolant sensor.

Do not use it.

But a proper resistor IN SERIES with the stock system can be useful. The computer will never know that the actual air is 10-15 hotter than is being registered.
This is an individual car thing - no one value can be give.

Putting a resistor in series does not work because it does not modify the signal in a linear fashion. It may get the fuel mixture richer (or leaner) at one end of the rpm but leaner at the other. It will not make it the same amount richer over the whole rpm band.

Back