Doug kalitta & redline oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Current Top qualified in T/F Dragster here in phx with a 3.825-second, 317.05-mph run. Beat Tony Schumacher to the pole by two thou.

Can't wait til sunday!!

Would be interesting to see what grade of Redline oil Kalitta Racing is using in the engine. Anyone know?

I am sure the oil is dumped between each race, wonder what percentage factor of Nitro fuel is in the oil after the race pass?

317 mph....wow, and that's not in the 1/4 anymore but an 1/8 mile?

70 weight and the oil comes out looking new. not milky at all. I was suprised. I was told with fuel dilution at the end of a run it's down to about 30wt. Go to any other pit and their product comes out very milky.

Johnny I do agree, Larry or tony here at PHX. Schumacher was at my father inlaws technical school on wednesday. I went down and had lunch with them and the boys from the army. Very nice guys. Father inlaw went to famouse Daves for BBQ with them later that night.....LUCKY

Lucky on both accounts, dinner with them and Famous Daves BBQ.

One of the real pleasures I had back in the 80's when working for Pennzoil while living in Texas was spending three or four weekends per year with Eddie and Ercie Hill, and Jerry Eckman and Bill Orndorff. Those were great times.

Eddie and Ercie are awesome. I remember that Penzzoil car like it was yesterday. Jerry eckman wasn't to bad either. Those were the days.

Can't wait til tomorrow. Its a little rainy here now. Should clear out soon hopefully

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
317 mph....wow, and that's not in the 1/4 anymore but an 1/8 mile?

Nope, 1000 feet, as ddtmoto stated above.

A rocket sled has NOTHING on these things as far as acelerative g forces go!!
crazy2.gif

From the track,

The weather is getting better!! Car are firing in the pits aqnd there is nothing better then being behind them. Tony came out with a blast yesterday to take the #1 spot from kallita who is still #2.

Have a great day guys, I know i will

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Lucky on both accounts, dinner with them and Famous Daves BBQ.

One of the real pleasures I had back in the 80's when working for Pennzoil while living in Texas was spending three or four weekends per year with Eddie and Ercie Hill, and Jerry Eckman and Bill Orndorff. Those were great times.

I used to really enjoy watching Eddie Hill. He was a class act. I wonder what he is up to these days?

When it's all over on Sunday, either Dixon or Schumacher will be the winner of TF.

Well, this was a bad prediction.

Very sad about the lady being killed by Anton Brown's wheel/tire.

Saw more wrecks at this event than there was at the NASCAR race in CA.

When it's all over on Sunday, either Dixon or Schumacher will be the winner of TF.

Well, this was a bad prediction.

Very sad about the lady being killed by Anton Brown's wheel/tire.

Saw more wrecks at this event than there was at the NASCAR race in CA.

Johnny it is a horrible situation. I feel for Antron having no control over something like this.

Dixon went out first round. Shook the tires in the right lane

The left lane was nasty at the Time trials last month. I was hoping some work would have been done before now. I had a feeling we would see some issues in P/S.

Still sprinkeling but plan on heading back out in about an hour.

Last edited:
But was it you who said they are just decals and run some other special oil ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back