2002 Buick Century headlight relay location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings:

Does anyone out there know where the headlight relay is on a 2002 Buick Century? My parents car is having intermittent headlight failure and from what I gather from the 'net it is usually the relay ($$) or the turn signal/dimmer/cruise switch unit ($$$.) The dash switch isn't what normally fails as they are rarely used on the cars with automatic headlights - it is only used when you want to turn them on manually.

My dad is trying a new relay first (was only $16) but can't find it. I think it is under the hood but the fuse box there is labelled and none of the relays are marked as "headlights."

It is tough as I am not where the car is and all of the information that I have from him has been over the phone. Thanks for any help on this!

Andrew S.

I'd be very suspect that none of the relays under the hood are for the headlights. They may be labeled as DRL or something.

Is this a problem with the DRL's or the actual headlights, or when it switches from one to the other?

It is the actual headlights. They will intermittently shut off while driving.

I wish I could get to where the car is so I could look at it myself. I hope it isn't the multi function turn signal switch - that is fairly expensive.

It's behind the right side of the instrument panel (dashboard). There are 4 relays there. One of them is for the rear defogger so you could probably hear it click when you turn that on. The other two are for retained accessory power and for the trunk release.

The relay you want to replace has orange, yellow, black and white wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back