Jay Leno & Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recognize the guy from Redline's voice from the animated videos that were on their site before the redesign.

Redline will always answer all your questions too. They don't hide much other then formulations, obviously. Very straightforward guys. Marketing too.

Leno probably does use redline since he can afford it. As far as him and NBC I don't know the story and I quit watching TV 15 years ago but I know NBC supports outlawing all of his cars so that could probably be just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what is going on behind the scenes. Conan may have finally figured out who he's been working for as well. I thnk I've seen both their shows maybe 5 times in the last 15 years when I was REALLY bored and stuck in a motel room somewhere.

Jay looks annoyed every time the Redline guy talks. it almost seems as if he's not even paying attention to the guy, just nodding and trying to get the show over with

Holy [censored], Jay Leno is pretty smart in this vid. I think he is definitely annoyed at the RL guy. It could be because the RL guy sounds like a walking commercial.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that! The Redline guy came across as both anxious and pushy. A 'Walking Commercial' indeed!

I've always wanted to try Redline oils, but for now I can get any oil Available at Walmart for free, so when I can't do that anymore, I'll try Redline.

Originally Posted By: jmsjags
Jay looks annoyed every time the Redline guy talks. it almost seems as if he's not even paying attention to the guy, just nodding and trying to get the show over with

Jay had a lot of misconceptions about oil and didn't like being corrected.

Originally Posted By: mercuryblues
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah
Maybe he gets it free so they can get advertising.. And the ONLY reason he runs it now (he used to run another oil if I recall correctly)

I'm sure Redline is the first oil company to do that...
whistle.gif

That's right Bill, several months ago or so he did a similar type video for Valvoline.

Just for my two cents on the whole Conan/Jay Leno/NBC deal: I can't understand why Jay has to be the scapegoat in this situation. Yanking Conan off the air was totally NBC's doing, and not Jay's. So I think that Conan and many of his fans are being crybabies. I never found him funny (in fact I think he stinks), plus he's getting a big buyout on his contract and now there's talk of him going to Fox. So life can't be all bad for him, to say the least. So I think that now and in the long run... it will not affect Jay and his product promotions.

Sorry to be a bit off-topic, but at least I got my frustrations out.

I agree, somehow no one seems to think this is NBCs fault, which it is.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
All you Red Line gurus know who exactly that guy was with Leno? I do.

I'm guessing Dave
21.gif

Originally Posted By: gtx510
Originally Posted By: Johnny
All you Red Line gurus know who exactly that guy was with Leno? I do.

I'm guessing Dave
21.gif

I think you're wrong. LOL

Quote from text. My guess is Cameron Evans.

World famous car guy Jay Leno and Red Line's own Cameron Evans discuss oil, tank cars, Harley Davidson motorcycles and more on a new episode of Jay Leno's Garage

i guess i should have actually read the page
did you guys catch him giving jay a weird look when jay called mtl an additive?

I met Cameron years ago at a SEMA show when he worked for another company. He is very good at marketing and his technical knowledge comes from what others tell him. I think he has done a good job for Red Line.

That is very true Johnny!! I love their products reguardless. My sig says it all.

We need a redline sponsor here

Redline does a nice job at marketing their products. A more professional approach then the others, especially Castrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back