Phillips 66 gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't able to find any recent discussion on this, but I was curious to see if anyone has any experiences to share with Phillips 66 gasoline (especially with the 87 octane). I believe it is the same gas as their sister companies Conoco and Unocal 76. There's not that many around in Mass and NH, but I know it's the only other top tier brand around besides Shell. Thanks folks!

I would not be too worried about it. I used Shell for years paying the few cents extra. When I took the intake off of my engine it was very dirty. Most parts of the country it all coms out of the same pipe.
I now use Costco gas 95% of the time and have been happy and a few dollars richer.

I've never had any problems running Phillips 66 in any of my cars. We don't have much where I'm at but I us some every year on my trip to Texas and back.

I will only get fuel from a busy name brand station cause I figure they do a better job at keeping their tanks clean...A friend recently had to spend over 1100 bucks after he got a tankful of dirt from Race Trac...The Race Trac is a very busy station right off the interstate so volume did not make any difference there....I generally only get Mobil gas.

Phillips 66, was one of the main gas retailers in the OK-N Texas area when I lived there. The cars always ran really good with it, but this was back when a lot of cars had throttle body injection and even carburetors. I get gas there whenever I'm driving through that part of the country.

I use phillips66/conoco exclusively due to the 4% off mastercard. I get better gas mileage with it than Shell and Quiktrip. BP is close.

Due to availability, I've used P66 a lot over the last few years. My cars run as well on it as Shell or BP. It's Top Tier rated and easy to find in my area.

For years I used only BP or Shell, but the number of those stations in my area is probably about 1/3 of what it was ten years ago.

If you have a P66 that gets plenty of traffic, fill up with confidence.

Originally Posted By: Touring5
Due to availability, I've used P66 a lot over the last few years. My cars run as well on it as Shell or BP. It's Top Tier rated and easy to find in my area.

For years I used only BP or Shell, but the number of those stations in my area is probably about 1/3 of what it was ten years ago.

This is what concerns me re;premium unleaded. I would bet most of the premium fuel is older due to less demand.

mercuryblues,

Out here in Los Angeles California this gas is marketed under Conoco-Phillips 76 and is considered an excellent gas. It's also expensive to use so if the price is right in your neighborhood then go for it.

The 87 octane gas should be fine for your needs.

Durango

Originally Posted By: Touring5

That's interesting. Next door in Ohio BP and Mobil are far and away the dominate ones, there's a couple other main players too like Sunoco, but Shell has finally been moving in. The gas available in Ohio has really sucked. Shell is the best generally available with BP a distant 2nd. Some people around here think Shell is BP gas and all the gas here is BP, but I don't think so. I think Shell adds their additives and rejects BPs base gas if isn't up to snuff.

Regardless of the gasoline brand I'll always fill-up my tank from the station closest to my home. Currently ARCO/BP is my main gasoline I use.

I wish I had a Valero in place of the ARCO.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back