Paid posters for Auto Rx

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dude: It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...
Donny: I am the walrus.
The Dude: You know what I'm trying to say...
The Dude: Oh yeah!

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
The Dude: It's like what Lenin said... you look for the person who will benefit, and, uh, uh...

When I saw this, I thought about the Tao

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
RedOak The people that are now coming clean that were paid to prop it up should be very ashamed. The guy that drove the El Camino is very dishonest. Why? That is absurd! The harassment that was leveled against many members here created a venomous toxic environment (that obviously lingers today) said:
Good gracious, The guy that pushed ARX as the best now says it does not work? HUH! The toxicity is in his false representation of a product that he had no idea if it worked or not. If your read his posts it's as if his car was held together by ARX. Now he says he wonders what it does to the inside of a engine! That is absurd.

I went to the MMO forum site and they spoke of adding MMO with the Amsoil 0w-20. Are these MMO guys serious..do they understand what Amsoil is being a quality synthetic oil is??

No thank you I'll never add MMO after reading that.

Also Amsoil forbids using any type of oil additive or void their warranty which you can't blame them as they are a lot of snake oils out in the market.

I cant....the censors will kill me.....but

DONNY!!! Censored the Censored up!!

LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: LS2JSTS

I cant....the censors will kill me.....but

DONNY!!! Censored the Censored up!!

LOL

IDA I suppose the ARX maintenanc dose with Amsoil which could have been interpreted as::

THE FOLLOWING UOA AMSOIL/ARX MAINTENANCE DOSE

USE XXX AND PROVIDE BETTER WEAR, ENGINE CLEANLINESS AND PROLONG CLEANER EXTENDED DRAIN INTERVALS WITH AMSOIL.

Might have hit a nerve with purest Amsoil users.

"Mixing AMSOIL
AMSOIL is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed.

Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils."

-

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
I went to the MMO forum site and they spoke of adding MMO with the Amsoil 0w-20. Are these MMO guys serious..do they understand what Amsoil is being a quality synthetic oil is??

Also Amsoil forbids using any type of oil additive or void their warranty which you can't blame them as they are a lot of snake oils out in the market.

No oil company wants anything added to their oil, nothing nada. It has been that way for decades.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

No oil company wants anything added to their oil, nothing nada. It has been that way for decades.

+1, very common knowledge. Same goes for fuel adds, etc.

What is this Amsoil warrant that would be void if you used an additive? Also you might let Amsoil tell you what to do but I do not...lol

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Truth is that anyone who comments on Auto-Rx gets driven out here and you and others insist on promoting MMO ...

..for no other reason that some "passion" for the product?

There's a big difference between being passionate and obnoxious/abusive. I've only seen the latter from one side of the debate in recent memory. But apparently some folks get a free pass for that sort of thing.

Regards,

Originally Posted By: Familyguy
Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

Truth is that anyone who comments on Auto-Rx gets driven out here and you and others insist on promoting MMO ...

..for no other reason that some "passion" for the product?

There's a big difference between being passionate and obnoxious/abusive. I've only seen the latter from one side of the debate in recent memory. But apparently some folks get a free pass for that sort of thing.

Regards,

+5, demarpaint is one of the most passionate, fair, and knowledgeable posters.

I do not post often but am user #70 on this board. I can smell the shills miles away and demarpaint is no where close to being one.

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
demarpaint said:
I remember those days, it seems like 99% of the threads in this section were of ARX and if anyone even mentioned another product they were hounded with post after post of people saying anything else is snake oil or don't use any additives in your oil, well except ARX. I do not believe you are being paid by Turtle Wax.

Agreed, The ARX guys were smug superior elitists. Now that we are an MMO site, they are more the happy overbearing going on blind faith type
happy2.gif
It kind of reminds me of the Scope monkey trial, evolutionist v. creationist......
21.gif

I say all that in fun. I did not try ARX as I was put off by the strong arm tactics. It is interesting science/theory. I am playing with MMO in applications that can't do too much damage, but little more than ancedotal stories are offered up as evidence. But they are offered up pleasantly, and often, and I guess that is what forums are for. Take care all.

For the average DIY enthusiast anecdotal evidence is all they have. But when person, after person, after person has similar experiences with "A" product, and they are all positive [smoother running, quieter, has more pep, etc] it is convincing. I find it hard to believe that everyone of them is organizing to flood this board with these similar positive experiences.

I've done compression tests, and pulled many engines apart, long before the internet and digital cameras, I know what I saw. Hopefully I never have to pull a VC or drop an oil pan again. But if I do I'll make sure I take pictures, especially now that I know how to post them here!

Today's motor oils are formulated where oil additives aren't necessary. . Reason I spoke of Amoil since I've used for many years yearly OCI averaging 12000 miles and never encountered any problems. Oil additives were never needed, Amsoil itself are formulated for extended intervals and been pleased with their products. They are balanced and overall their products are first rate.

I did use ARX for one run as a cleaner and had performance gain. I had favorable results.

Re: Why Auto-RX and not Amsoil ? [Re: sprintman]
Mamala Bay Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Which oil for clean/rinse?

I used the Amsoil HD 5w-30 after 5,000 miles in went RX. Ran it for 8,000 miles with 2 qts makeup oil-Chevron Supreme SAE 30.

Rinse Chevron Supreme SAE 30.

During clean phase had a card board box blocking radiator...and 3 times a week hard 5 minute runs on a steep incline with hot oil.

My objective was to see if RX would give a performance improvement and it did.

I remember someone talking about putting a pizza box in front of there radiator, it sounds like the card board box blocking the radiator helped out, seems you got favorable results here.

If it did it might not have been necessary but what is done is done. Also I was checking almost daily or every other day to see if things was ok. I know my vehicle it's not like I was foolish in my application.

PS I have no interest in ARX or had any contact with any ARX, I did what I did on my own risk.

I guess some costumers didn't have satisfactory results I can't speak for them. If ARX didn't work I would have gone another route.
Personally looking back on it I should ran a Grp lll oil which I would have gone at least 5000 miles.

Today's motor oils are formulated where oil additives aren't necessary. . Reason I spoke of Amoil since I've used for many years yearly OCI averaging 12000 miles and never encountered any problems. Oil additives were never needed, Amsoil itself are formulated for extended intervals and been pleased with their products. They are balanced and overall their products are first rate.

I did use ARX for one run as a cleaner and had performance gain. I had favorable results.

Cleaning engine using Lube Control
Mamala Bay Offline

I've used synthetic oil very early in my engine's life and it was clean...or I thought it was clean. When I added LC, my engine got cleaner and has stayed that way. LC is a good long term cleaner. I can't see anyone having a problem using LC from the beginning as far as keeping your engine clean. LC is one awesome product

e: Cleaning engine using Lube Control
Mamala Bay Offline

My experience with using LC/FP was with a very clean engine which had 75,000 miles using synthetic oil. I thought that was the way to go with synthetic oil but with the addition of LC/FP much to my amazement the LC cleaned my engine better than with the synthetic oil. It's an awesome product I have not had any negative side effects with using LC/FP.

As regards to TheTanSedan which he went to the extreme with LC/FP...It just SHOWS how awesome LC/FP really is. From one extreme to another...From a Synthetic using engine to the engine TheTanSedan had spoken of....Folks this is one AWESOME Product!!!!

Am I correct in that you used another oil additive before ARX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back