oil for 04 Lexus ES330

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got hit by a drunk driver last Saturday and was lucky to walk away from it. My 97 Rodeo did not do so well and I had to buy another car. I ended up inheriting my wife's doublecab 01 Tacoma and purchasing her a Lexus Preowned certified 04 ES330. This has the 3MZ-FE motor that is shared with the Camry. It has 33K on the clock and has had every oil change done at the dealer with dino at 5K intervals. I am planning on flushing the ATF with Toyota fluid and changying the oil to M1 at the next interval. I will keep the oil changes at 5K intervals until the 3 year/100K warranty is up. Lexus did not change the ATF at the 30K service, I believe its recommeneded at 60K but I really don't feel good about it being in there so long and want to flush it. Toyota recommends 5w-30 but most of the dealerships in Dallas use 10w-30. I asked the Lexus about this and they said "we see more 100+ days than freezing ones". The car is really nice and I plan on keeping her forever, hopefully nobody runs into me. Any feedback on my gameplan and suggestions how to keep this running a long time would be appreciated.

I don't believe the Lexus NEEDS synthetic oil, but other than it costing 2.5 X more than dino, it sure won't hurt anything. I see nothing wrong with your gameplan.

I would run Mobil Clean 5000 & Pure One filters for 5k intervals, but that's just me.

Nice choice on that Lexus, BTW. They are beautiful cars.
smile.gif

quote:

Aren't some Lexus engines sludge prone ?

Yup some of the old(er) 1MZ have this issue and they are not his models year. And EVEN if he di d have one the odds of having sludge are well, more then likely not going to happen. I have one of the older ones and removed the valve cove, test oil etc. No sludge at all. Nevermind the fact that I am doing 10 to 12K drains too.
grin.gif

Can anyone give me any info on this 3.3 litre v6 engine and the 5 speed tranny? I think the same engine is offered in the Camry, Highlander, and Sienna. I think that someone made the comment that the 3.0 and 3.3 are hard on oil. Thank you again for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back