Marvel Mystery Oil Rocks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have never added it to the crank case but I do add it to my gas. Sometimes every fill up, other times just when I think about it.

Not sure if it helps or not but I figure it cant hurt

Originally Posted By: 02zx9r
i have never added it to the crank case but I do add it to my gas. Sometimes every fill up, other times just when I think about it.

Not sure if it helps or not but I figure it cant hurt

I think MMO in the fuel can only help things.

1) Lube the Fuel Pump
2) Top End Lube
3) Keeps Fuel Injectors Clean
4) Keeps Spark Plugs clean and working properly
5) Keeps the Combustion Chamber Clean

so if I am using mmo regularly, would it be worthwhile to use a fuel injector cleaner on my trip to Louisiana this Saturday? Thinking of running a bottle on the way down in a tank of gas and maybe one on the way back. It is 1600 miles each way, will be down there for two weeks then head back

so if I am using mmo regularly, would it be worthwhile to use a fuel injector cleaner on my trip to Louisiana this Saturday? Thinking of running a bottle on the way down in a tank of gas and maybe one on the way back. It is 1600 miles each way, will be down there for two weeks then head back

I'd run the FI cleaner, MMO does clean up injectors, FI cleaner is better at doing it. In fact they suggest a FI cleaner, then use MMO to keep them clean, lubed, and work as a UCL. I think a long trip would be the perfect conditions. I'd skip the MMO for the tank with the injector cleaner, then once your done start adding the MMO again. JMO

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

I'd run the FI cleaner, MMO does clean up injectors, FI cleaner is better at doing it. In fact they suggest a FI cleaner, then use MMO to keep them clean, lubed, and work as a UCL. I think a long trip would be the perfect conditions. I'd skip the MMO for the tank with the injector cleaner, then once your done start adding the MMO again. JMO

I definetly agree with Demarpaint on this one, run the fuel injector cleaner in the tank with no MMO, and then on your next tank of gas you can start using the MMO.

would it be worthwhile to use a fuel injector cleaner on my trip to Louisiana this Saturday? Thinking of running a bottle on the way down in a tank of gas and maybe one on the way back. It is 1600 miles each way, will be down there for two weeks then head back

Fuel injector cleaner or complete fuel system cleaner? I don't use fuel injector cleaner since it does not do enough to be worth the hassle no matter how cheap it is.

I replaced my engine then immediately drove to the same destination as you. All 22 gallon tanks had the shock treatment of 12 oz of Gumout Regane and the oil just started its ARX treatment. The mileage improved over the 1010 mile trip, partly because some fills were E0, but the quality of operation by engine and exhaust noise level didn't. The improvement in the next 300 miles at 4 oz Gumout Regane per 20 gallons of short city driving was much more substantial. Some of my additives seem to do better with a longer dwell time and hot/cold cycling.

The trip must have done some good even if it was difficult to observe because my other engines have taken longer than two summer weeks and 300 miles to produce noticeable improvements in quality of operation.

FI cleaner. Never used the system cleaner but have heard good things about it. If i can find it maybe will try that instead, or do that going down, fi coming back

If you can get the Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner before the trip grab it. Over the years I've tried PI, Techron, Regane, and other fuel system cleaners. IMO the Red Line product is the best.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Any diesel that gets here is assured to be so expensive that it defeats the advantage of a diesel. "They" don't want them. It sure is some magic across the Atlantic. All of Europe must be so filthy and gray. All that soot just laying all over everything ..people choking for breath. Smelly things just littering everywhere they go.

We're so fortunate that our fine shepherds protect us from all of the continental swill.

Right...

Diesel is suppose to have less hazardous pollutants, but it has more soot, or particles of dirt. I remember Berlin in 1989 smelling like the exhaust pipe of diesel truck. Supposedly you cannot commit suicide with diesel exhaust. You only end up with a head ache and black boogers.

Originally Posted By: Loobed

Diesel is suppose to have less hazardous pollutants, but it has more soot, or particles of dirt. I remember Berlin in 1989 smelling like the exhaust pipe of diesel truck. Supposedly you cannot commit suicide with diesel exhaust. You only end up with a head ache and black boogers.

I wonder if anyone has tryed to bust that myth? I think if you stick someone in a garage with a diesel engine running they'll die from the fumes. I can't guess how long it will take but I'd think they'd die in short order. I don't know anyone that would be willing to test my belief though.

If you can get the Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner before the trip grab it. Over the years I've tried PI, Techron, Regane, and other fuel system cleaners. IMO the Red Line product is the best.

Got the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner yesterday, that will have to do for now.

Got the Chevron Techron fuel system cleaner yesterday, that will have to do for now.

The Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner will work fine, you made a good choice, good luck with using MMO in your fuel when you are done with this tank of gas that has the Techron in it.

Finally got hold of a few quarts of mmo and my Accord is on its first tank with mmo added, my Astro vans should receive its first fill within a week - I will post my findings here soon.

Originally Posted By: sr17
Finally got hold of a few quarts of mmo and my Accord is on its first tank with mmo added, my Astro vans should receive its first fill within a week - I will post my findings here soon.

Good Luck, it may take a few tanks of gas with a Maintenance Dose of MMO to notice a difference.

Originally Posted By: c3po

Good Luck, it may take a few tanks of gas with a Maintenance Dose of MMO to notice a difference.

I put in 6 oz for a full tank which is think is very close to what is recommended on the bottle.

Would you use a dose different than "Maintenance Dose" in the beginning?

Originally Posted By: c3po

I put in 6 oz for a full tank which is think is very close to what is recommended on the bottle.

Would you use a dose different than "Maintenance Dose" in the beginning?

I know some guys like to put in a little more MMO in the gas for the wintertime becuase of the winter gas.

I believe MMO recommends 4 ounces to 10 gallons of gas.

1) 11 gallons would be 4.4 ounces of MMO
2) 12 gallons would be 4.8 ounces of MMO
3) 13 gallons would be 5.2 ounces of MMO
4) 14 gallons would be 5.6 ounces of MMO
5) 15 gallons would be 6.0 ounces of MMO

10 gallons of gasoline divided by 4 ounces would be 2.5
So just take the number of gallons of gas you add and divide it by 2.5 and that will tell you how many ounces of MMO you need to add.

When I fill up my Marauder I usually add 14 gallons of gasoline, I have a 5.25 ounce empty bottle of Lucas UCL that I fill up with MMO, I should probably be adding 5.6 ounces, I might just get a different bottle to add the MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back