Marvel Mystery Oil instead of Stabil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ted s
i use only no ethanol gas in my mowers etc

Don't move to Florida then. . .

I suspect this dead horse is now well-enough-beaten, but I'll make this analogy anyway. Tylenol works great to quell the headaches I so often bring home from work. I'd give it an A+ in that regard. But I sure as heck would not try to use it treat cancer.

I recommend that you spend your hard-earned cash buying products that are targeted for a specific need, and have been shown to hit that target. Incidentally, I'm now moving "up" to the marine Sta-bil formula. Since I always keep ~50 gallons on hand (rotating stock to keep it reasonably fresh), and all Florida gasoline is now E-10, I want to make sure that my "hurricane reserve" will be ready and serviceable when I need it.

I live where we store our off season vehicles for up to 6 months and I've never had any problems starting my vehicles or engines in 40 years. I don't use any gas stabilizer, in fact the couple winters I experimented using it in a few engines I had very poor, rough running engines in the spring. Went back to using nothing in these same engines and no more problems.

Me thinks most additives are snake oil. Except MMO which has not proven one way or the other and it has more purposes than just one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back