Slash's guitar? Guns N Roses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Slash used several different guitars with Guns N Roses, but you mainly saw him with his Les Paul. My question is what acoustic guitars were used on Patience??? I know that Slash and Izzy both play in the video, but what are they playing? I've searched with no luck... Anyone know??

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny248
I know that Slash used several different guitars with Guns N Roses, but you mainly saw him with his Les Paul. My question is what acoustic guitars were used on Patience??? I know that Slash and Izzy both play in the video, but what are they playing? I've searched with no luck... Anyone know??

Are you asking what guitars were used in the video? Or on the record?

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more

Are you asking what guitars were used in the video? Or on the record?

was bout to ask the same thing

Great... Now I can't get this song out of my head. Also, I find myself doing the Axl "shuffle" every time I try to get from Point A to Point B in the house. Now, where'd I put that headband and kilt?

I was assuming that the guitars used in the video were the same on the recording? Anyway, MARC I looked that the Guilds, and the pick guard does look very similar. For some reason the acoustics just sound so crisp on that recording. Just makes me wonder why I never hear anyone else play it like that??

Guild acoustics have a different sound than Martins and Gibsons, etc. It's sometimes been described as "piano-like". However, you can plug any guitar into the right equipment and pretty much make it sound lie anything these days.I think this song was recorded using three acoustics, and all at once, instead of being dubbed.

recording instruments and production, mixing, mastering also play a role...so it's not just him getting that tone and crisp sound, I guess..

I just watched the video again, looks like they're all playing Guilds, and it sounds like they weren't messed with much, if any, as far as processing goes. Sounds pretty much like three acoustic guitars.

Agreed, maybe it is just the three acoustic effect. My girlfriend has a Martin, a Gibson, and some other one I've never heard of, and they all sound good, but not as good as GnR lol =)

I was assuming that the guitars used in the video were the same on the recording?

That is almost never the case. You pick guitars to record with based on tone, and guitars to shoot videos with based on their appearance.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
Slash has an insane amount of guitars in his collection.

I saw a picture of his collection, pretty [censored] impressive. Think he ever gets tired of playing?? I know I get tired of working lol

Slash is a pretty amazing guitarist. Love watching him play in concert videos....the guitar work on 'Patience' is just great.

All three guitars in the video are early 90s Guild JF30 jumbos. Slash plays a blonde, Izzy has a burst and Duff a black model.

I really like the guild guitars. I was thinking about getting a GAD-50 in the dark burst, but I'm somewhat unsure about it's Chinese construction. I'd love to get a D55, but the $2900 price is too much for me. If you look at other 700-800 guitars, you can't deny that you are getting a lot of guitar with the GAD-50. My girlfriend has a Martin (not even a high-end one) and the build quality and fit and finish and sound is just awesome.... Hard to argue with a Martin......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back