Finally some satisfaction with a NAPA return

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased some brake pads from NAPA over the summer and latter realized they had sold me organic pads and the least a Camry wagon should run is semi metallic. I went back but they said they had a 5 day return policy and 20% restocking fee which I thought was absurd and I walked out grumbling. Today I walked in (Camry has been sold) and told them the story and said I will buy a gallon of G-05 for my Jeep if you give me a gallon of G-05 for the brake pads (still in box). They looked in the computer and said OK. I probably lost $10-$15 on pads but now I am somewhat happy. How many parts I buy from them in the future remains to be seen, the the Zerex G-05 was $10 and change, not too bad a price. I still feel the 5 day return policy is absurd. Say you buy brake parts on Wed to do brakes on weekend and it rains all weekend and you don't get a chance, now you cannot return anything wrong??

yeah, 5 days is a little bit unreasonable. as much as i dislike autozone, they do have a good return policy. i've been buying most of my parts at carquest lately.

Kragen I think has a 60 day or 90 day policy, 5 day is ridiculous especially when many people don't get around to do the job until a good few weeks later.

That is ridiculous; they also won't warranty their batteries off the date code without a receipt. (Walmart will.)

Napa has really gone down hill . They sell low quality made in China parts for made in USA prices . I rarely shop Napa any more at one time they sold good parts.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
That is ridiculous; they also won't warranty their batteries off the date code without a receipt. (Walmart will.)

just devils advocate on that. we require a paper receipt for warranty on anything. i have actually had people walk up to our core storage, take out a battery and walk it in and tell me its bad.

we also dont accept installed electrical components and parts without original packaging.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

we also dont accept installed electrical components and parts without original packaging.

I'm surprised you take electrical components back at all. Most places don't.

if it was special ordered, its the customers, even a wholesale account. we can tell if its been installed, usually ford shoots dialectric grease on all the connectors in a messy blob. we also mark a lot of parts we sell to wholesalers, if its a motorcraft part they can order it driect from a motorcraft distributer as long as they have a part number. that is why we dont give out part numbers for any reason whatsoever.

we actually cant even take cores back without original packaging. the core return system from Ford will not accept without the original box.

Last edited:
I've had good luck with any returns at Napa. I didn't even know they are bad about returns. Maybe it's because the parts guys working there recognize me or something. One time I had this used car with a dead Napa battery that I think was at least a year old and I returned the battery for another when I'm not the one who even bought the battery lol.

The people that work there do act funny and are know-it-alls. I bought a waterpump and returned it the same day because it was made in China, and the guy I always see working there says in deadpan, "20% restocking fee, unless you want to go in the back and put it on the shelf yourself..". I'm like huuuuh(not sure if you're serious). Then he says he's kidding. I guess he was kidding, I don't know? I don't know what their return policy is really
21.gif

Last edited:
O'reilly auto parts and Autozone give you free brake pads when you buy their premium house brand, no questions asked

I found an old NAPA box of brake pads for an Acura Integra and was able to return (or exchange, my memory is foggy..) to NAPA some years after they were purchased.

The Napa here is overpriced and the people that work there are know it alls that don't know much of anything. I ONLY go there when I have no other choice.

I usually go to advance auto or vatozone and they will give you a refund no ?'s asked.

LAST time I went to NAPA I got a starter for a '90 Miata and the mechanic couldn't mount it because the bolt holes weren't in the correct position. They almost refused to take it back, saying I had a dumb mechanic. You couldn't rotate the bolt holes like some alternators to make it fit, it was just the wrong starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back