How are Mann Air Filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used MANN regular pleated paper air filters and the deluxe paper air filters with a foam prefilter. Both are good but from now on I'll only be using the ones with the foam prefilter.

All the Mann filters I've looked at over the years appear to be top quality products. I don't have the equipment to do proper testing, but from what you can see looking at them in terms of manufacturing attention to detail, they are great.

I read somewhere, probably in a recent thread here at BITOG, that MANN has recently purchased the filter division of Purolator. So in the future, we may see MANN filters with "Made in USA" on the packaging and maybe the filters themselves.

Originally Posted By: Tornado Red
I read somewhere, probably in a recent thread here at BITOG, that MANN has recently purchased the filter division of Purolator. So in the future, we may see MANN filters with "Made in USA" on the packaging and maybe the filters themselves.

If thats the case, I can only hope that their European quality standards are maintained. I'm all for perpetuating the employment of Americans, but time has taught us that there's a potential for corner cutting in these situations.

Here is an interesting piece of info. for you guys.

I recently replaced my OE air filter in my '08 Liberty...at a little under 30,000 miles.

The OE filter was a Mann filter that is stampled Made in Mexico. It also has some spec's printed on it: Dust Capacity = 330g, Max Air Flow = 10.8 M3/MIN, EFF. = 99%, Pressure Loss @ Max Flow = 0.04 BAR.

Looked like a good filter, but obviously needed to be changed now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back