Adam's Polishes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.adamspolishes.com/default.aspx

Some of their products are as good or better then Zaino, according to some people that have used both. Check out their website. They even have a nice forum. autopia.org had a lot of good things to say about them. I have never heard of them.

I use their car-wash stuff and own their wax and polish but haven't used the latter yet. The wash and tire shine are great. Not a crazy gloss on tires just a nice deep low-gloss black.

They have videos of all their products on their site too.

Their stuff is OK. It's not earth shattering and they also don't suck. Given that, I think it is quite expensive for what you get. Adam Pitale used to have a nice DVD (with snippets streamable from their website) that showed how to use their products.

Definitely "good enough" for the casual detailer though.

Have never used their stuff but I have a very good idea who makes it for them. As was said, nothing earth shattering or revolutionary. No new ground being broken here.

I do hear their customer service is good and they do support the car hobby. Kind of like Griot's Garage stuff at a discount.

Better than Zaino? I'd love to see some justification for that statement.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
Have never used their stuff but I have a very good idea who makes it for them. As was said, nothing earth shattering or revolutionary. No new ground being broken here.

I do hear their customer service is good and they do support the car hobby. Kind of like Griot's Garage stuff at a discount.

Warner Chemicals makes some of their stuff, though Adam says they have their own secret recipe. *shrug* I like their Buttery Wax, even though it doesn't last very long. It's a great top layer after a nice synthetic sealant when you want that extra pop. You can get the same stuff from chemicalguys.com for a LOT less. It's the exact same product, in spite of what Adam might say.

Best,

Places like Adam's specialize on customer service...a nice web site, a discussion forum, how to videos, personal service like answering emails, detail clinics, attend car shows, satisfaction guarantees, etc. This costs a little money.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz

Agree. When was the last time you heard somebody raving about Adams sealant? Ugh, not in my memory bank.

Last edited:
I don't think there is anything better then Zaino.

Originally Posted By: buster
I don't think there is anything better then Zaino.

I think it depends on your criteria of better.

Zaino is a good product. There are other products that are AS good or better, but are not nearly as difficult to work with or as expensive. At the end of the day, detailing products (like oil) tend to have their religious followers. What they like is the best thing since sliced bread. Full stop. *shrug*

IMHO Turtle Wax ICE paste is the best. Goes on easy, does not stain trim, easy to buff out (if you use the TW Ice QD as buffing lube) and no residue. Gives a nice slick feel to the surface as well.

But in general all these products are going to have roughly the same formula's and they call get the core ingredients from the same suppliers (Dow-Corning, Momentive (fka GE Silicone) or Wacker)

Adam's is a great company. They make some things that are absolutely worth the premium and others that aren't. For example, their car wash is not worth the premium. Their tire shine, in-and-out spray, buttery wax, and polish are (although I'd still buy Menzerna polish for the same money).

I used Zaino over a decade ago and have abandoned it. There are now products that are as good or better while being simpler to use.

Been using Griots lately and happy with the results.
cheers3.gif

https://www.griotsgarage.com/category/polish+wax/waxes.do

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: Ram02
So Adams sealant no good then ???

It's a fine product, but nothing special and hardly worth the price.

I am in full agreement. Decent stuff but the premium prices are a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back