Omaha Steaks Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Dad won a gift certificate from them so we ordered some small top sirloins because their prices are beyond outrageous. Not the worst steak I ever had, but choice ribeyes or t-bones from the local grocery store, or the local butcher, are far better, and much more reasonable in price.

This Omaha Steaks deal is a total rip-off.

Sorry about your problems. I'm not sure about their quality because I am not a customer of theirs. But when my son was deployed to Afghanistan for the first tour of duty they were nice enough to donate steaks and other goodies to the troops.

I too got some for free, and was far from impressed. Taste like fake beef to me. For what they cost I can buy a months worth of ribeyes from costco

Originally Posted By: Ragin_Diesel
I too got some for free, and was far from impressed. Taste like fake beef to me. For what they cost I can buy a months worth of ribeyes from costco

Pictures llok good in the catalog
wink.gif

Well first off, there are very few sirloins that are that great in the first place. And if you are going to compare ribeyes to sirloins, well the ribeye will always win.
We have gotten many of their bacon wrapped tenderloins and they are very good, especially right off the grill.

I do agree that they are WAY expensive. We get ours because my daughter-in-law gives us a gift certificate every Christmas.

Originally Posted By: NewC6
Well first off, there are very few sirloins that are that great in the first place. And if you are going to compare ribeyes to sirloins, well the ribeye will always win.
We have gotten many of their bacon wrapped tenderloins and they are very good, especially right off the grill.

I do agree that they are WAY expensive. We get ours because my daughter-in-law gives us a gift certificate every Christmas.

A $60 gift certificate would only buy 4 8oz sirloins.

Kinda of my point. I can buy 4 big ol ribeyes; choice (sometimes even prime!) for way less then that, and they taste eons better.

I received a dozen free 6oz sirloin's from them, and I got them, put them in the freezer and almost a year later I found 'em in the back, took 'em out and put all 12 on the barbie, they were the most delicious steaks I had ever eaten! I would never have paid for them, but they were goood!!

I've never had one myself. Somehow I get their catalog and it makes me hungry.

I take that back...do they sell to Ruth's Chris? If so, they ARE good. Is the mail order stuff as good?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete591
Originally Posted By: Ragin_Diesel

Pictures llok good in the catalog
wink.gif

So does McDonalds :)

If you want to overpay for meat but want to overpay for high quality meats then go to Jack Stack's Barbecue website (Kansas City).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back