Mazda green coolant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazda has two types of coolant; regular and long life (FL22), I never had a chance to see FL22 but apprently both regular and FL22 are green, so color alone is not enough.
If you have the FL22 type coolant, you will have a sticker on the pressure cap saying FL22 can only be used, if you don't then it's a regular green coolant.

My mazda 3 manual has the following change intervals;

FL22 type*1 Replace at first 192,000 km (120,000 miles) or 10 years ;after that, every 96,000 km (60,000 miles) or 5 years

Others
Replace at first 96,000 km (60,000 miles) or 4 years ;after that, every 2 years

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ledslinger
I found this and it suggests the FL22 is green, but is also compatable with current green coolant.

Good to know. I want to switch my Mazda over from the regular green to the FL22 at my next coolant change, and I was worried about negative interactions between the two coolants if my shop doesn't do a thorough flush.

Here is an article on installing an oil cooler that refers to this coolant (Mazda part # 0000-77-501E-02) as: Mazda non-silicate "Long Life" green coolant

http://www.protegefaq.net/mzroilcooler/

The ingredients of this coolant are:

ethylene glycol, diethylene glycol, water, sodium benozoate, potassium hydroxide

BTW- There are 4 Mazda coolants

The above mentioned green

0000-77-505E-20 Mazda coolant orange

0000-77-507E-02 Mazda Coolant

0000-77-508E-20 Mazda Coolant FL22

Last edited:
I was looking at a bottle of the 0000-77-505E-20 Mazda coolant orange, called "Genuine Mazda Long Life Coolant, Premium Forumula, and it has the exact ingredients as Peak Global Lifetime.

What are the exact ingredients in Peak Global Lifetime?

ethylene glycol, diethylene glycol, water, sodium benzoate, proprietory inhibitor

Last edited:
According to the owner's manual, my son's '04 Mazda RX8 just requires ethylene glycol coolant.

That's old school green, unless I'm mistaken.

I'm going to change it annually.

Glad it's not some exotic ($$$) "pink" fluid or something.

According to the owner's manual, my son's '04 Mazda RX8 just requires ethylene glycol coolant.

That's old school green, unless I'm mistaken.

Since Mazda has four coolants available, it might be the most confusing for applications than any other car maker.

If the original is green, Mazda's green probably isn't interchangable with old school green since I have seen it described as "non-silicate" This makes sense, since Japanese generally stay away from silicates in coolant.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
it really isnt confusing at all. MAzda has a color chart for fluid apps for dealers. i keep one next to my computer at work.

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but could you tell me what that chart says for a '99 Mazda Protege?

I am learning about this also, but at this point I wouldn't consider Mazda green coolant "generic" or traditional green coolant. I suspect is is non silicate and traditional green isn't.

according to the bottle of 0000-77-201E-02 "Genuine Mazda Long Life Coolant: it contains "Ethylene Glycol (107-21-1), Diethylene Glycol (111-46-6), Water (7732-18-5), Sodium Benozoate (532-32-1), Potassium Hydroxide (1310-58-3)"

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
ill look it up tomorrow to make sure, but it should be mazda long life green 0000-77-501E-02, which is a generic green coolant.

501E?

Is that a typo, or did you mean 507E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back