royal purple oil filter who makes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not call the guy a lier right away. For instance 1986 was the first year many of us in the USA could buy a Toyota 4Runner but on each cost California and New Jersy you could get them in 1985 with solid axles and carbed engine. In 1986 they all had torsion bar front end and fuel injection. Many people do not even know that their was a 1985 Toyota 4Runner.

When it comes to products and release dates it is always a fuzzy thing. I used to get computer softwar months before it was offical released for about 7 years and I am not talking about Beta programs either. Release dates couunt on warehouse workers and sales and marketing people to stick by the calendar but seldom works out in the real world! I have seen people with stuff pre-release a number of times. Someone has to be captured fleet test mules!

The contract RP has with Pep Boys expires this Nov, and will be available elsewhere.

PureONE's use a synthetic blend media. (99.9% eff at 20um)

The Royal Purple site states:

"100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency at 25 microns."

That's 25um, not the norm 20um.

Last edited:
The following is from RP to another BITOG member (See: RP Filter Info from the Source):

David,

Perk up – no reason to be sad.
As you may have known, the RP Oil Filter introduction last year included a one year exclusive for Pep Boys.
Well that time is almost up and the oil filters are being released / made available to other retailers.

I do not have a list but starting in November, you should have other alternatives – including Summit Racing
www.summitracing.com
800-230-3030

Where you can order via online or phone and have the filters shipped to you.

Congrats on your engineering degree – who did you get a position with?

Sincerely,

David

David Canitz
Tech Services
Royal Purple Inc.
1 Royal Purple lane
Porter, TX 77365
713.725.7207 cell
[email protected]

Given that Purolator PureONE's are superior in filtration to Royal Purple (and M1, and Amsoil; see my tread on PureONE Beta Rates), and cost at least half as much (but are, argueably, only recommended up to 15k), I can only see buying one of these if I needed a canister twice as thick as the PureONE, to survive this-
15.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SHAMUS
The contract RP has with Pep Boys expires this Nov, and will be available elsewhere.

PureONE's use a synthetic blend media. (99.9% eff at 20um)

The Royal Purple site states:

"100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency at 25 microns."

That's 25um, not the norm 20um.

Keep drinking the kool aid.

Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning
I would not call the guy a lier right away. For instance 1986 was the first year many of us in the USA could buy a Toyota 4Runner but on each cost California and New Jersy you could get them in 1985 with solid axles and carbed engine. In 1986 they all had torsion bar front end and fuel injection. Many people do not even know that their was a 1985 Toyota 4Runner.

When it comes to products and release dates it is always a fuzzy thing. I used to get computer softwar months before it was offical released for about 7 years and I am not talking about Beta programs either. Release dates couunt on warehouse workers and sales and marketing people to stick by the calendar but seldom works out in the real world! I have seen people with stuff pre-release a number of times. Someone has to be captured fleet test mules!

The RP filter line release was well after the stated claimed date this guy saw one. No way it happened. Sorry just no way.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: JohnBrowning

The RP filter line release was well after the stated claimed date this guy saw one. No way it happened. Sorry just no way.

I concur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back