filter mount & filter question

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my ever quest to reduce inventory while still buying enough to get good prices I am interested in consolidating my oil filters.....

So can I get a mount that will use my current Wix 57620 (1" - 16).

Also will the 57620 be ok to run in my son's 93 F150 (5.9l inline 6)?

Thanks

Last edited:
The Cummins full flow has no bypass or ADB valve. It is, however, designed for 12-15 gpm. I used one in my naivete when I first got here. Didn't seem to have any ill effects from it.

If you have a remote mount with a 3/4-16 thread, you can get a threaded adapter from a guy on ebay for about $20.

It would probably work fine, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I don't think the economics will support this conversion. If you have to buy a Permacool mount (S&H) and get the adapter ($20+) you might as well get a Dual Guard and run them in tandem. Then your plumbing gets a bit complicated due to the O ring boss seal fittings ..but that's still cheaper than the Permacool oil cooler hose kit.

It's one of those "well, you can get there from here, but it's complicated."

"consolidate your oil filters"???

How many vehicles do you own?

Mostly an oil filter is engineered around a particular engines requirements.
Using a "one size fits all" element can not only void your warranty, it could possibly damage your engine. (??)

Kinda like putting a Caterpillar oil filter on a Honda Civic.
Filter might last forever, but its gonna take a few minites for the oil pump to fill and pressurize the filter.

Meantime , your bearings are screaming bloody murder.

Just buy a good quality CORRECT filter. Your engine will thank you.

Originally Posted By: OAS
"consolidate your oil filters"???

How many vehicles do you own?

Mostly an oil filter is engineered around a particular engines requirements.
Using a "one size fits all" element can not only void your warranty, it could possibly damage your engine. (??)

Kinda like putting a Caterpillar oil filter on a Honda Civic.
Filter might last forever, but its gonna take a few minites for the oil pump to fill and pressurize the filter.

Meantime , your bearings are screaming bloody murder.

Just buy a good quality CORRECT filter. Your engine will thank you.

6 now....

I am just interested in colodating the trucks...the vehicles are another story and quite frankly are not of interest. Two of the trucks have high mileage but are very fuctional,I just thought if I could get a simple mount it would aid in my once per year purchases from Fleet Filter ( I currently order for 8 vehicles, 1 commercial generator, two friends vehicles so I would like to reduce my variety and increase my commodity)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back