steak with garlic salt

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are typing right now, you aren't going to die before the morning. Tomorrow AM, see the doc. Yellow eyes doesn't sound right....

How salty was the meat?

Send pictures of wife.

The steak was good Pablo or so I thought. its all swollen and purple I cant say waht BUT thats NOT good!!! I think this may be serius I will drive Myself to the hopsital now!

Originally Posted By: Oilpants
The steak was good Pablo or so I thought. its all swollen and purple I cant say waht BUT thats NOT good!!! I think this may be serius I will drive Myself to the hopsital now!

The salt in pic looks like sea salt, the garlic salt used when grilled was supermarket table salt.

Most of the sea salt will fall off when grilled. I wouldn't let the sea salt sit very long but applied before grilling. If you let it sit for long it will have a salty taste.

When you grill a steak less than 10 minutes in high heat(more like 3 minutes each side) as it shears the meat, you don't want any salt to penetrate the meat. Sea salt takes longer to dissolve over table salt. Because the moisture is being heated off the meat when grilled the sea salt can not dissolve even more. Most is not dissolved and falls off or you can scrape it off. What you have is specs of unrefined course salt on the surface of the meat that gives the burst of salt flavor in the meat. You can't do that with table salt.

I have a wicked steak recipe which isn't good for you, but it is very tasty...

1) Take your favorite stake and cover both sides in a generous portion of butter, that is warm enough to be spreadable. (not margarine).

2) Then stick fresh minced garlic to the butter on both sides. So it looks like the picture above, and shake some salt onto both sides as well.

3) Preheat your BBQ to the highest temperature it will go.

4) Put all steaks on bottom rack and sear(sp?) both sides.

5) Once both sides are seared move to upper rack and cook to desired level using highest heat setting.

6) Follow up with Lots of black pepper (if you like it) and serve with freshly sauteed onions/mushrooms.

If you cook it my way you won't want it any other way.
20.gif

Yellow eyes can be liver failure. I doubt that food poisoning would cause liver failure this quickly but you never know.

In any case, that doesn't sound good.

And instead of taking care of yourself, you're posting away on bitog? What's the status?

FYI, I felt pretty heavy after my steak last night, too, but that's probably just because I ate too much...

Have some steak with your garlic salt. :)

I used to put garlic salt on steak when I was a kid, and I just happen to have a new jar of it now that I put on various foods. I put it on a avocado, sweet onion, and tomato sandwich tonight for supper.

Malo - that thought had crossed my mind. Evil I tell you.

I'm still waiting on pics of his wife. I don't want pics of a BITOG member "all swollen and purple" though. Good God!

Originally Posted By: Mamala Bay
Really not a fan of table salt, taste is not appealing(my opinion). Use sea salt instead. For grilling use Hawaiian Red Alaea Sea Salt.

The only salt I use is Hawaiian sea salt.

I've used Celtic Sea Salt, RealSalt, and refined sea salt for many years. RealSalt has about 70 minerals in it.

Salt is not a bad thing as some believe it is. Many holistic MDs prescribe RealSalt to people that have avoided salt like the plague and reversed serious health issues with it. Salt is seldom/never a problem if balanced with Potassium and other minerals in whole foods.

I add 1/2 to 1 tsp salt to every gallon of my drinking water too. People can get water intoxication and die [and have] from drinking too much water and not taking in enough salt.

But it's also not good to not drink enough water.

Originally Posted By: Lurch
Mamala Bay said:
People can get water intoxication and die [and have] from drinking too much water and not taking in enough salt.

That is very rare. Good dose of common sense would avoid this predicament. The way that I see can of xxx soup used, I believe this issue to be almost eradicated. :)

Rare among people that eat sensibly. There are many health nuts that think salt is bad though, and they tend to avoid it like the plague. They eat vegan raw foods diets with zero salt, which can makes things worse. These are the people in danger the most.

It's hard to avoid salt but not if you eat whole foods like I do, which is why I add salt.

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Sounds like he hooked all of you, hook line and sinker
crackmeup2.gif

Lol!
lol.gif

That'll hopefully teach y'all to complain about someone's spelling, which, to me, is kind of like telling someone outright that they have bad breath.

Some things are better left unsaid. If you're annoyed by somemone's spelling, put them on your ignore list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back