What is your favorite automobile emblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a Bowtie.

Blue Oval. I also like Red Oval.
Another good one, IMO, is the classic Mercury 'God's Head' Logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Porsche-Logo.jpg

or

aston-martin4.jpg

Three diamonds aka Mitsubishi
mitsubishi_logo.jpg

I also like Lambo, Honda, Pontiac, Infiniti, Nissan, and maybe Ford. Oh and Saturn. We're only talking about logos right? Not their cars?

the Blue Oval and the Mustang logo. I like the new Dodge ram's head logo with the chrome head and black background. I can pretty much live with any of those logos on my car exept the Daewoo logo or the old Mazda logo, even the newer Mazda logo isnt too good.

150px-Opel_logo.svg.png

The company was founded in Rüsselsheim on 21 January 1863 by Adam Opel, originally manufacturing sewing machines and later bicycles. It was the leader in both markets at the time of Opel's death in 1895.

The first cars were produced in 1899 after Opel's sons entered into a partnership with Friedrich Lutzmann, a locksmith at the court in Dessau in Saxony-Anhalt, who had been working on automobile designs for some time.[4] These cars were not very successful and so the partnership was dissolved after two years, following which Opel's sons signed a licensing agreement with the French Automobiles Darracq S.A. to manufacture vehicles under the brand name "Opel-Darracq". These cars were made up of Opel bodies mounted on a Darracq chassis, powered by a 2-cylinder engine.

The company first showed cars of its own design at the 1902 Hamburg Motor Show, and started manufacturing them in 1906, with Opel-Darracq production being discontinued in 1907.

In 1911, the company's factory was virtually destroyed by fire and a new one was built with more up-to-date machinery. In the same year, production of sewing machines ended. By 1913, Opel had become the largest car maker in Germany, and in 1924 it installed Germany's first car production line.

In March 1929 General Motors, impressed by Opel's modern production facilities, bought 80% of the company, increasing this to 100% in 1931. The Opel family gained $33.3 million from the transaction. Subsequently, a second factory was built at Brandenburg for the production of 'Blitz' light trucks.

Bicycle production ended in 1937 and, following the outbreak of World War II, the company's factories were seized by the Nazi regime in 1940. Passenger car production did not resume until 1947, before which the factories had been badly damaged by Allied bombings, and production assets for the Opel Kadett had been seized by the Soviets as war reparations (this Kadett forming the basis for the Soviet car Moskvitch 400/420).

GM regained control of Opel in 1948, and the Rüsselsheim factory was rebuilt in 1950. In 1962, the company's 100th year, a new factory was opened in Bochum, initially for production of the revived Kadett.[5] By 1972, Opel was once again Germany's largest car maker.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back