Who makes ProLine Oil from Pepboys ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it Warren or someone else ?

I was there today, but forgot to look at the bottle.
I'm gonna look for a msds sheet, and will post a link if I can find one.

Thanks,
Justin

I remember reading on on this forum somewhere that it was Conoco Phillips, because the bottom of the bottle has three "c's" nested in each other, but I don't know if that's accurate. Can someone else confirm?

It is now made by Conoco. The bottles are identical to Motorcraft except for the color. I had the Pep Boys guy show me the packing slip on a new pallet of Proline and it said ConocoPhillips on it. Good stuff.

Originally Posted By: oilchangeguy
It is now made by Conoco. The bottles are identical to Motorcraft except for the color. I had the Pep Boys guy show me the packing slip on a new pallet of Proline and it said ConocoPhillips on it. Good stuff.

really? i honestly thought it was warren unilube.

Whatever it is, my company car.....a Ford Taurus X gets a dose every 5k miles of their 5w20. I really have no complaints about sound and feel.

It would be interesting to do a UOA of it and see.....

WPP -- Warren Petroleum Products here in the Midwest. It should have those three letters (WPP) on the bottom of the jug. Bottle shapes are irrelevant. The container could come from anywhere.

Pro Line, Supertech and Sears Spectrum are WPP here in Michigan.

I'll check the bottle next time I'm in Pep Boys.
They are currently running a special 5 quarts of ProLine oil and a ProLine filter for 10 bucks. If it is Conoco Phillips I'll probably pick some up for my grandma's Camry.
Operating on the premise that it is CP, is it in the same family as TropArtic, or Motorcraft ?

Thanks,
Justin

Last time I bought Super Tech it also had the three C's within eachother on the bottom. That was a 5w30 weight. They must supply some of the Super Tech stuff as well.

Originally Posted By: kevinf
I remember reading on on this forum somewhere that it was Conoco Phillips, because the bottom of the bottle has three "c's" nested in each other, but I don't know if that's accurate. Can someone else confirm?

Three C's, one inside the other is a logo for the Continental Can Company. They probably made the bottles.

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=doc&state=4005:didfjo.3.1

ImageAgentProxy

trademark # 1863491

Last edited:
the bottles are black with the Motorcraft type slots on the front. That's what grabbed my attention because they were different than the WWP bottles they used to carry. Honestly the packing slip still on the shrink wrapped Proline Oil cases said ConocoPhillips. Could be different in other area I guess. Here in NC it's now ConocoPhillips

Thanks

Still haven't been back to PepBoys this week, but I'm thinking it's probably gonna be Warren. Sucks, I was hoping for a super deal on Conoco Philips.

Originally Posted By: JustinC25
Still haven't been back to PepBoys this week, but I'm thinking it's probably gonna be Warren. Sucks, I was hoping for a super deal on Conoco Philips.

Well, even if Conoco Philips had made the oil for PepBoy's, this doesn't mean the the ProLine oil would have been the equivolent of MotorCraft/Kendall/TropArctic! Conoco Philips would have made the oil to meet a price/quality set by PepBoys. Would be nice if the ProLine oil was rebadged MotorCraft!

The mystery is solved
34.gif
3E makes it.
I talked to Pep Boys and got this response:

call 3E 800-451-8346

Norman Katz - Export & Bulk Sales Manager "The Pep Boys-Manny,Moe & Jack"
tel 305-264-0614 fax 305-264-4894
toll free USA tel 800-606-6479

To: ,
Date: 09/30/2009 04:38 PM
Subject: ProLine DexronIII Mercon Automatic Transmission Fluid MSDS

I need the MSDS for ProLine DexronIII Mercon Automatic Transmission Fluid, 1qt bottle. I hope you can tell or show me where to find it.

Thanks,
John

I talked to Daniel at 3E and got this:

Hello John, please check the attached MSDS and verify against the product to ensure it is the correct one. Please let me know if this one works for you.

Kindest regards,

Daniel Coleman
Inside Sales Coordinator
3E Company
[email protected]

888.255.6737 X2966
760.918.4108 FAX

It's the MSDS I was looking for!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back