Gauge install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea pretty cool i think, cant wait to see oil temps when mowing all day in 90 deg.
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Jdblya
Get that temp gauge at Harbor Freight??? What kind of oil temps are you getting?

Yea Harbor Freight $19 bucks, dunno just installed it today never mowed yet.

Nice work, I have been thinking of doing a similar set up on my JD along with a coolant temp gauge.

That's really commandable for a bitoger. Wonder if there's a "splash gauge" for all the 3.5 an 4 hp mowers...
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: lars11
Wonder if there's a "splash gauge" for all the 3.5 an 4 hp mowers...
wink.gif

lol maybe..

Nice work. I'd swap out that plastic tubing for copper though. I've seen those plastic ones break or slip out of the fitting a few times now. Nothing like an oil squirt gun behind your dash!

Originally Posted By: Jim 5
Nice work. I'd swap out that plastic tubing for copper though. I've seen those plastic ones break or slip out of the fitting a few times now. Nothing like an oil squirt gun behind your dash!

i thought about that too,along with the heat issue being by the engine, have to hunt for a copper tubing kit maybe.

My engine 10 HP Briggs...has a small port on the left of the oil filter....can you describe the y connector you made in detail including sizes etc? Thanks!!

Originally Posted By: Pete591
My engine 10 HP Briggs...has a small port on the left of the oil filter....can you describe the y connector you made in detail including sizes etc? Thanks!!

sure it's just a brass 1/8" MPT "T" that i picked up from ACE hardware along with a 1/2" x 1/8 MPT close fitting nipple that threads into the filter housing pressure port then the T.

Picture-3.jpg

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Nice work, I have been thinking of doing a similar set up on my JD along with a coolant temp gauge.

All ya need is a guage to let you know if there is any oil left in the machine!

Originally Posted By: daman

i thought about that too,along with the heat issue being by the engine, have to hunt for a copper tubing kit maybe.

I've never had too much trouble finding it by the foot at old school auto parts places. Most places sell the brass ferrules too.

Thanks...what were the steps to get it installed..looks like a very tight space..

yea a little it was had to thread the 1/2 nipple into the T then spin the T with nipple into the port tighten down then thread the temp sensor in followed by the pressure hose fittings last,couldn't get it spin around with all the other fittings on to wide.

then proceeded with the wiring and routing the hose. used a 1-1/2" and a 2" hole saw for the cut outs in the dash.
Originally Posted By: daman

I've never had too much trouble finding it by the foot at old school auto parts places. Most places sell the brass ferrules too.

thanks ill check it out...

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver

All ya need is a guage to let you know if there is any oil left in the machine!

Sure, thats all you NEED, but while I'm in there it would be nice to know the coolant temp as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back