Swine flu vaccine - would you take it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Thats odd, tell us just how you get the flu from a dead virus?

That's not possible, but he may have been infected with the flu before the vaccine offered protection, or the vaccine may have not worked well or at all. Success is not guarantee. Since the vaccine stimulates the production of antibodies, the body may have reacted to the presence of the antibodies with flu symptoms, although there was no flu infection.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Thats odd, tell us just how you get the flu from a dead virus?

That's not possible, but he may have been infected with the flu before the vaccine offered protection, or the vaccine may have not worked well or at all. Success is not guarantee. Since the vaccine stimulates the production of antibodies, the body may have reacted to the presence of the antibodies with flu symptoms, although there was no flu infection.

Exactly what I was trying to get across!

Not for me. I've had the flu twice in my life and neither time was bad enough to warrant future vaccination. I've heard nothing indicating that swine flu is any worse than a regular flu.

My wife is pregnant and a teacher so we are following this closely. I've read that flu vaccinations for the mother have effected babies and there will be no testing in time for this vaccine so for now she is not going to get a shot. I might get a shot just to do everything possible to prevent my wife from getting it but normally we don't get flu shots.
We also have a couple pigs right and always have chickens and goats running around so I'd assume we get exposed to all sorts of bugs most people never see. I'd think we have a better developed immunity system but I don't really know.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: oilyriser
No testing, and freedom from liability if something does go wrong.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31971355/

Great, isn't it.

makes sense to me.

i know of some excellent engineers who have absolved themselves from consulting due to the litigious market. I think about it myself sometimes.

there will always be scope for the GOVERNMENT to sue the vaccine makers if they stuff it up and their little fund for small claims become exhausted. the article is about the public suing the government and the vaccine makers.

It's about stopping any injured person from suing the vaccine manufacturers from harm caused by the untested and novel vaccine that they are rushing to market.

If it's as safe as they are telling us, then there's no need for protection.

The blood bank here got into trouble for not screening properly for hepatitis. The government's solution was a drawn out investigation that took a few years. Most of the victims were dead by the time the payments got sent out.

Originally Posted By: oilyriser
The blood bank here got into trouble for not screening properly for hepatitis. The government's solution was a drawn out investigation that took a few years. Most of the victims were dead by the time the payments got sent out.

Several years ago a local blood bank was not screening or checking the blood they received for HIV, and some infected blood was delivered to hospitals. The government did nothing to the person who was suppose to check the blood because they were hired under special circumstances (affirmative action), and were not qualified to do the job. If the case went to court, the government and affirmative action would also be on trial.

These are the people who are being made immune from any downside of their actions.

Quote:
Baxter Sent Bird Flu Virus to European Labs by Error

By Michelle Fay Cortez and Jason Gale

Feb. 24 (Bloomberg) -- Baxter International Inc. in Austria unintentionally contaminated samples with the bird flu virus that were used in laboratories in three neighboring countries, raising concern about the potential spread of the deadly disease.

The contamination was discovered when ferrets at a laboratory in the Czech Republic died after being inoculated with vaccine made from the samples early this month. The material came from Deerfield, Illinois-based Baxter, which reported the incident to the Austrian Ministry of Health, Sigrid Rosenberger, a ministry spokeswoman, said today in a telephone interview.

“This was infected with a bird flu virus,” Rosenberger said. “There were some people from the company who handled it.”

The material was intended for use in laboratories, and none of the lab workers have fallen ill. The incident is drawing scrutiny over the safety of research using the H5N1 bird flu strain that’s killed more than three-fifths of the people known to have caught the bug worldwide. Some scientists say the 1977 Russian flu, the most recent global outbreak, began when a virus escaped from a laboratory.

IMO, if they are immune from their actions "for the public good", then they should also be immune from the profit that they would otherwise generate on the product.

Baxter is a HUGE hospital supplies company, along with Abbott/Hospira. They were also a named defendant in the Chinese heparin fiasco as well.

As for the shot, heck no. I'll stick to the core vaccinations.

No way. Think 1976. More people died of the shot than the flu itself.

Some might want to listen to this:

(Copy/paste link)

http://rense.gsradio.net:8080/rense/rima/rense_Dr_Rima_Laibow_MD_082409.mp3

Originally Posted By: Rabbler
Originally Posted By: Loobed

Every time I get a flu shot I get sick. I don't want to get sick.

Same here. I got a flue shot ONCE. Know what I got...the flu...

I'll take my chances with mother nature from now on.

Same thing happened to me. The one time I got a flu shot, I had some kind of reaction to it and got much sicker than just a regular cold. Usually colds don't really slow me down at all, but the shot definitely did.

I take vaccinations when I am required to or should, but the flu shot isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back