Nicotine Free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over 4 months...Stil nicotine free!
happy2.gif
banana2.gif

Congratulations. It's a real commitment to beat that habit.

By now you're starting to breath a lot better. You no longer have that stale smoke smell around you all the time and you're starting to regain your sense of taste as well.

Keep it up and don't backslide-no matter what.

The site I work @ just went smoke free; employees were given 1 year's notice, plenty of programs and patches offered. Now, no smoking, anytime, anywhere, on company grounds. I'm waiting for someone to blow a gasket.

Congrats on your progress..

havent had a cigarette in 23 daze. Presently getting 48 hrs out of a 21mg nicotine patch. I have been smoking for 50 yrs. I am using inhalers, but my lungs are clear and I can walk faster and climb stairs with out getting winded.

I went smoke free with Swedish Snus ordered directly from that country for 2.30-3.30 USD per can depending on variety.

It has virtually no TSNAs like cured American tobacco and can be found with 17mg/g of nicotine, so I feel like I am not going without.

This moist snus is treated over there like a Food product and is heavily regulated by the government. Believe it or not there are just a few ingredients: tobacco, salt, water, natural flavoring. American chew has lead, cadmium, arsenic and dozens of very bad chemicals and heavy metals.

The tobacco over there is steamed and not cured. When you cure tobacco the American way its tobacco specific nitrosamines (causes oral cancer) is substantially raised.

Case in point: Swedish snus made by V2 company 0.2 TSNA vs. American Copenhagen 41.1!!!!! A high level of TSNA in Swedish snus is 2.2

Last edited:
SF, what are TSNAs. Everybody, due to taxes and such, store brand patches are cheaper than cigarettes. I just wish they came in menthol
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
SF, what are TSNAs. Everybody, due to taxes and such, store brand patches are cheaper than cigarettes. I just wish they came in menthol
grin2.gif

Tobacco Specific Nitrosamine is what that stands for. It is the specific substance responsible for oral cancer and pre-cancerous lesions on the lining of the mouth. Tobacco specific nitrosamines (TSNAs) are suspected to cause smoking-related neoplastic diseases.

It's growth is greatly enhanced by our lovely tobacco companies here who choose to cure their via very high heat rather than steam it. To this recipe they add their other horrible chemicals to the mixture.

When I studied Snus use in Sweden, I discovered there is an extremely low indidence of oral cancer because Snus is extremely popular over there. Even the women do it. Snus is made to be held in the upper lip and you do not spit. The juice from Snus is much less strong that American snuff.

You can get Snus in "portions" which are pouches and they come in white or brown. You can get is "los" which means loose as well. When buying loose, you purchase a small plastic cylinder tool that is used to compact the tobacco into a small lump called a "pris". This is tightly packed by the tool so it doesn't come apart in the mouth.

I know many people who quit smoking using Snus when all other means were unsuccessful.

Snus is most certainly much better for your health than Skoal, copenhagen, etc from American companies.

Snus is flavored with things like natural anise, bergamot, juniper, etc. It is an entirely different taste and is much more complex than American snuff.

Geez, you do a good job selling it. But I'm gonna keep on with the patch. My next batch is gonna have 14 MG dosage. I've quit before. 2 1/2 yrs in, I fooled myself into believing I could just have a cigar on Sunday afternoons. Gonna have to cut out tobacco totally I'm afraid.

I've been smoke free for 22 years now. What's odd, is once in a while I'll smell the smoke from someone's fresh light-up (the initial sweet hit) and I'll get the urge for just a few seconds. They say that scent memories can be very powerful; guess they're right.
Make sure you quit, and "stay quit". My doc says he can tell that I used to smoke,(x-rays) and my use is nowhere near as much as some, "only" ten pack years total. (one pack a day, for one year = a "pack year") Ain't nothing I can do, except keep myself as healthy as possible, and accept that I probably knocked a few years off of the time I get to spoil my wife. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back