What bugs you that you read here on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
It bugs me how the Americans keep misspelling cheque, draught, harbour, favour, and they keep saying "ZEE" as the last letter of the alphabet instead of "ZED" ....... heathens.
12.gif

My favorite band is Rush. Does that count for something? :)

It bugs me how the Americans keep misspelling cheque, draught, harbour, favour, and they keep saying "ZEE" as the last letter of the alphabet instead of "ZED" ....... heathens.
12.gif

LOL.gif

As someone who works for an American company, I know exactly what you mean.

I actually got sent a nasty e-mail asking me if I had spell check on my computer because I kept spelling things with a "U" in the word where there shouldn't be one. (Colour, Labour, Cheque etc.)

I replied in my e-mail about the slight differences in our version of the english language and that I had "Spell-Cheque" and not "Spell Check"
LOL.gif

She didn't get it and got her nickers in a knot and said "Well this is America so speak American" (I'm in Canada, and speak english and I wasn't aware that American was a language although I quickly learned it is)
grin2.gif

To this day I'm still laughing at that one for so many reasons!
LOL.gif

I never did give in to her request to "speak American" as she has no authority over me and doesn't even work under the same boss as me so I could care less. Plus, after she decided to take a snooty attitude, I gotta mess with her now!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I never did give in to her request to "speak American" as she has no authority over me and doesn't even work under the same boss as me so I could care less. Plus, after she decided to take a snooty attitude, I gotta mess with her now!
wink.gif

Beauty, eh!

12.gif

big plus one

I got so much haranguing from using a word spelled with an S insted of a Z on a U.S BMW forum it wasn't funny. When I pointed out the language was English from England and that's how it should be spelt I ended up getting banned. I happen to agree with the Americans style eg. socks should be sox but I'm in the minority.

Originally Posted By: rpn453
wink.gif

Beauty, eh!
No doubt a-boot it!
LOL.gif

It bugs when people omit the comma in a sentence when addressing someone by their name. For example: "I don't know Bob."
20.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman

It bugs when people omit the comma in a sentence when addressing someone by their name. For example: "I don't know Bob."
20.gif

I can't imagine you being bothered by that Mori.

Originally Posted By: Nayov
The squabble a month or so back over someone's sig (no, not mine).

What might that be?

I don't like that people get attacked for using a great oil and filter in the daily driver with an average OCI. People assume it won't protect any better and that it's their money that's getting "wasted".

I can understand quoting something a few posts back, but many people completely quote the previous lengthy post, only to add a one sentence comment. It's not necessary. Sometimes they're only the second poster in the thread!

Originally Posted By: Kestas
I can understand quoting something a few posts back, but many people completely quote the previous lengthy post, only to add a one sentence comment. It's not necessary. Sometimes they're only the second poster in the thread!

LOL.

I'm guilty of that but I've been trying lately to either not quote as much or cut down the quote to the part that pertains to my reply.

I forgot one that bugs me the most.

When people say "my engine likes that oil". What's that supposed to mean? It didn't blow up so it likes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back