Which Fuel System cleaners still contain PEA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which fuel system cleaners still contain PEA? Curious minds would like to know.

Redline SI-1 had one of the highest % of PEA last time I checked. I buy it by the case from Amazon for around 4 bucks per bottle last time I bought it.

I use the maintenance dose and a bottle lasts quite awhile.

Hmmmm ?? I thought the MSDS on the Gumout Regane said it was just kerosene now.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Guaranteed to Pass
Redline SI-1
Gumout Regane

...are three I'm pretty sure of....

Originally Posted By: elwaylite
Techron

http://www.chevron.com/products/ourfuels/prodserv/additives/tcp.aspx

Redline SI-1

http://www.redlineoil.com/content/files/tech/32.pdf

Notice the 30-50% PEA. Wow! SI-1 For the Win!

25.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, its a shame Techron does not give a number.

I've used Techron every oil change in my Hyundai, with all brands of gas, and it still runs like a top and gets the same gas mileage. Im loyal.

Last edited:
MSDS's are now mostly useless for determining if there is PEA or not. Many of them that contain PEA do not even mention it in the MSDS.

The Gumout Regane has about 40% PEA in it based on the last MSDS I saw before they started leaving ingredients out on their MSDS.

polyether amine

Fuel system cleaners with a dose of PEA are said to have the best cleaning properties. If you are gonna use one, you should use these. Since Redline appears to be the only one left showing what dosage they use, Im gonna spend my money there.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
MSDS's are now mostly useless for determining if there is PEA or not. Many of them that contain PEA do not even mention it in the MSDS.

Since PEA is not per se a hazardous substance, they don't have to declare it. Not that companies are protecting anything really secret (a competator would just send the product to a lab for GC/MS analysis), but they prefer not to disclose things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back