quaker state oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
contemplating using quaker state oil filters at my next change,
are these decent filters or should I stay away. Been using fram in the past but it seems these are not as good as led to beleive

The ones in my stash appear to have been made by Purolator. Have used them off and on with no ill effects.

And on this site, the consensus is anything > Fram, so I think they'll be OK....
whistle.gif

Quaker State filters should be ok - I believe they are made by Purolator; although at one point I think they were made by Fram. It's hard to keep track on some of these private brands, as they change...

Originally Posted By: LSSE1
contemplating using quaker state oil filters at my next change,
are these decent filters or should I stay away. Been using fram in the past but it seems these are not as good as led to beleive

Check the past posts in the oil filter section. I run them on a Dodge that I have because they are cheap and they have been downsized. (Tight fit)
I took one off one of my vehicles a couple of days ago but haven't had time to cut it open and post pix. I hope to do so within a couple of days.

Look at my signature below.....
thumbsup2.gif

QS oil filters work great, plus theyre inexpensive(I get em at Menards, where I am all the time anyway) and "Hencho en USA"!!!

Originally Posted By: labman
Frams work great and are made in the USA.

I mean no disrespect at all, but I wouldn't pay a dollar or two more for something that I can get for ~$2 that appears to be built much better... the last Fram I cut open wasn't pretty.
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
Originally Posted By: labman
Frams work great and are made in the USA.

I mean no disrespect at all, but I wouldn't pay a dollar or two more for something that I can get for ~$2 that appears to be built much better... the last Fram I cut open wasn't pretty.
crazy2.gif

The truth is, I haven't bought a Fram since I cut one open about 10 years ago. Since I recently cut a few Purolators open, I won't be buying more of them either.

Hey look at the Quaker site. They will back you for 10 years 300,000 miles all you have to do is have an oil change at a service center that features QS>you have to let them change the oil.What a deal. Nothing to worry about.Mongo,me change your oil me very good.

Originally Posted By: 7777
Honeywell also makes quaker state and they also make fram.
I would cut it open to see if theres any cardboard on the ends.

Maybe this can help..
55.gif

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

That study is almost as old as I am. It really should be updated. Fram used to make QS filters and when they did they were green. The Purolator made filters are white. I am using one right now on a Honda - no issues or problems.

Originally Posted By: Audioquest
Originally Posted By: 7777
Honeywell also makes quaker state and they also make fram.
I would cut it open to see if theres any cardboard on the ends.

Maybe this can help..
55.gif

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oilfilters/index.html

That study is almost as old as I am. It really should be updated. Fram used to make QS filters and when they did they were green. The Purolator made filters are white. I am using one right now on a Honda - no issues or problems.

That site was updated up to 2008, thats a year ago.Any way, its a good read to get an idea of filters.I doubt your a year old lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back