Honda Ridgeline oil ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys my brother in law just picked an 06 with a 3.5L. I told him let me maintain it for ya because he drives a ton for work and neglects his car. Any how I was wandering what type of oil people are using how much does it take, what brand filters. I dont have the manual I just wanted some feedback from Honda owners.One more question does it have a timing belt? if it does when should it be changed.. Thanks if any one can help.

Do you know if he wants to go the synthetic route and pay more, or is he more frugal and wants to use a conventional oil and a less expensive filter? If cost isn't too much of an option, I would vote for Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 with a Napa Gold 1356 oil filter. If he wants to use conventional, I'd go for Pennzoil, Mobil Clean 5000, Valvoline, Castrol GTX or Havoline (if you can find it) in 5W-20 with a Pro-Line 14610 or Napa ProSelect 1356 oil filter. Sorry, I don't know if it uses a belt or chain. The engine takes 4.6 quarts (but you could just put in 4.5 and it should still be at the full mark)

This engine takes 4.6 qts. Use 5w20 conventional oil and a quality filter such as purolator. Book says to change at 3750 mi but you can go 5k . It does have a timing belt and should be replaced at 105,000
mi.It's the same as the Honda Pilot which I previously owned. Nice vehicle, enjoy!

slipperysam

Last edited:
Thanks for the info I was thinking penzoil YB or platinum and a WIX filter .. The timing belt can go 105k wow I was thinking 60K. My wifes Sequoia has to be changed at 90K

PYB is fine if it is changed often enough, but if he abuses the truck and it might see extended OCI by accident go with the PP.

I ran a yr with valvoline dino from dealer, ran fine, olm was at 30%
oil was blk lotsa city driving and 3400 miles.
I go by olm due to warranty.
any synthetic with honda filter will be fine.
there are oci posted for ridgeline. check em out. I saw one in the ridgelineforums last yr
hey thirdeye, what part town r u in, we should together for a few col ones over stash stories ;-)

Originally Posted By: stockrex
I ran a yr with valvoline dino from dealer, ran fine, olm was at 30%
oil was blk lotsa city driving and 3400 miles.
I go by olm due to warranty.
any synthetic with honda filter will be fine.
there are oci posted for ridgeline. check em out. I saw one in the ridgelineforums last yr
hey thirdeye, what part town r u in, we should together for a few col ones over stash stories ;-)

I live in Walker, right by Alpine & 3 Mile (behind the Meijer on Alpine) in the Alpine Estates section. Send me a PM sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back