OEM Transmission filter for Grand AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just changed my fluid and filter on my 99 Grand AM. I was expexting the old filter to be the original, but no where did it say GM, or Delco, or made in USA. It did have "PA66-GF33" on the plastic case, which seems to be on the China Filters

Does anyone know for sure if the GM OEM filter would have Delco or any other markings to identify it? I am begining to think this filter may have been changed by PO

Bluestream, for what it's worth, I changed the ATF and filter in my company-owned work van (an '01 GMC Safari), that I've had since new, and the one that came out only said "Filtech" or "Filtran" (I forget which). Interestingly, the FRAM filter I bought for replacement looked identical to the OEM, right down to the word "Filtech".

Well, at AA, the filter my son got for his 96 Caravan has the MOPAR Chrysler emblem embossed into it
21.gif
I'm sure they didn't make it.

PA66-GF33 means Poly Amide 66 Glass Fiber 33%. That means the housing is Nylon 66 that is 33% glass fiber for reinforcement. It has nothing to do with part numbers or country of origin. These numbers identify materials for recycling.

My Ford transmission filter had the Ford logo on it and also a part number. I would think a GM filter would have some marking on it. When I bought the car the PO gave me all invoces from work he had done. Nothing showing any transmission work. I am suspious that this filter is not OEM, maybe a visit to the local GM part dept.

Most people would not care, but I would like to know if the fluid was ever changed before I owned the car.

I have a '94 Grand Am & the original transmission felt filter didn't have any identifying marks on it to lead me to believe it was OEM. I know it was the original since my later-to-be wife bought it new. I was the first to drop the pan, albeit at 87k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back