will this sound card help any over my dell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, ancient card! It will probably put out a cleaner signal than most software solutions if that's what you're looking for. Pop it in and see what the results are. The only major con I can recall is that the SB Live! can have problems sharing hardware IRQs.

What is wrong with your current card? Stuff like Skype and casual (not audiophile) music listening don't really require any fancy sound cards.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
What is wrong with your current card? Stuff like Skype and casual (not audiophile) music listening don't really require any fancy sound cards.
nothing wrong with the current one,just thought i'd add it to see if i would notice a difference

Don't mess with things that are working.

Don't you have enough computer problems from time to time without looking for more?

I see you here often several times each week. So I'm thinking in your case, don't fiddle with it.

No offense, I simply think it's the best advice given your history of posts here in the computer section.

On the Dimension 2400 I am using the onboard sound works great. I did for a while install a Soundblaster card for an old Gateway PC to use the Digital Sound blaster that came with the Gateway. I didn't need all that sound so I went back to the onboard sound. For everyday use I do not find much difference.

I don't think SoundBlaster Live has good sound quality compare to the on-board sound of today's card for voice call, or at least the difference over Skype is not noticeable.

If you want to have better sound quality over skype, upgrade your Internet connection speed on both sides, and crank up the quality or reduce compression on the phone/PC.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Don't mess with things that are working.

Don't you have enough computer problems from time to time without looking for more?

I see you here often several times each week. So I'm thinking in your case, don't fiddle with it.

No offense, I simply think it's the best advice given your history of posts here in the computer section.
if you don't tinker,and you don't ask questions,you don't learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back