I hear a lot about Fluid Film, anyone here use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sent in for a free sample of this product which they claim is good stuff, anyone here use it? I hear a lot of commerical landscapers use it on the underside of their mowers for rust and debris build up and I also hear it is a great general purpose lubricant...?

I'm not crazy about it. It stays wet and sort of tacky. It does stay where it is sprayed without much run even on vertical surfaces. I sprayed it on some different components then left them for about 1 year. I also sprayed my crawl space access (which needs to be painted) and left it for about 1 year. Besides fluid film I sprayed MMO, some MIL spec anti-corrosion I have, Amsoil MP and MP HD. The MP HD is the only product that is still in place. But during the year fluid film attracted the most dirt of the bunch. Amsoil MP HD was the same price as fluid film but a larger can so its hard to beat. I did not notice any change to my mower deck other then corrosion control.

For Ag equipment I use either Amsoil MP HD or a can of restoleum paint for corrosion control. I never turn down free product.

Originally Posted By: BayouTodd
I sent in for a free sample of this product which they claim is good stuff, anyone here use it? I hear a lot of commerical landscapers use it on the underside of their mowers for rust and debris build up and I also hear it is a great general purpose lubricant...?

I am a "Fluid Film" fan.

I like the fact it seems to stick to the parts it is applied to.

I ordered a gallon of fluid film to do my undercarriage. Was thinking of using the Amsoil HD MP but figured that would take quite a few cans.

Fluid film has good lubricity , the carrier fizzes and bubbles out well, it tacks well, lasts superbly , and fights corrosion from the elements, salts, black powder and regular powders, and even stuff that either makes it grow or eats it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have bought a few cans and have sprayed it on my doors of my van. we'll see what happens.I have used it on my work boots and it has done an excellant job of keeping them from cracking and water proofed. I have also used it on some outside locks at work and it helps them from freezing up in the winter

I am retesting Fluid film now. I think I was not liberal enough when I tried it in the past. Thus far I am much happier with its results.

Things I don't like is the fact it stays wet so you don't want to spray it in an area you are going to have to touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back