Post your latest oil change

96 Saturn SL2
Formula Shell 5w-30 SM
Wix 51348 oil filter

I'll run this for about 8,000 miles.

2008 new body style GMC 2500HD with 12,400 miles on the truck
Valvoline synpower 5W-30 and K&N filter (special $25 deal at AA)

Will change again at 17,400 because these LSX engines take forever to break in. Changed at 7,000 and at 12,400 the synpower still looked brand new and not a single drop of oil consumption.

Just changed the oil on the JD lawn-tractor. With Amsoil 4-stroke.

The JD filter started leaking while dad was cutting the grass.
smirk2.gif

1993 Dodge Intepid 3.5L
Castrol Syntech 10W-30
K&N filter

Advanced Auto Parts special from April-May, $25.

Running this from 162,000 to 172,000 with Mobil 1 added every 1000 miles, due to leaks and burn off.

The engine we are putting in my uncles car... (95 Dodge Spirit 2.5L 4 Cyl)

Q.S. Peak 5w30 & Fram Orange Can with Grip thingy.
smirk2.gif

Today I changed the oil in a 94 Dakota V-6: Drained out 10W-30 Valvoline dino overnight and replaced the next day (today) with Valvoline HD30. Wix 51085 oil filter. Had 5 months on old oil and about 4k. Engine has 236k on it; the engine has had regular dino oil changes all its life. I usually use 10W-30 when its cool and HD30 during the hot summer months.

Originally Posted By: StevieC

Q.S. Peak 5w30

You mean that Peak oil I got from Pep Boys is made by Quaker State?

Green bottle Q.S. Peak performance is what I'm using. It clearly says Quaker State on it. My dad & I bought 30 4-litre jugs when it was on for $10
grin2.gif
We hit all the stores we could find (had a limit of 4)

I use it in my Austin Mini which I drive less than 500K KM / year and change it just before storing it. (Requires high ZDDP)

cheers3.gif

Peak 10w-30
Proline filter

Finally getting to batch from $8.99 sale about a month ago. Burned forearm on something very hot right below drainplug!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Green bottle Q.S. Peak performance is what I'm using. It clearly says Quaker State on it.

Oh OK I was thinking of something else. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Xman77
97 Crown Vic 290k mi - Peak 10w30

Love the high mileage on that Crown Vic of yours. How's it running? Those cars really go the distance.

What's your oil change interval on it? Always conventional?

Rotella 15w40 and Purolator 14670 filter about 2000 miles ago in the Jeep.

Valvoline 5w30 in my grams Mitsu and my moms Stratus.

Valvoline Durablend 10w30 in my girls Cobalt.

Free after rebate Peak 10w-30 in '94 LS400 with 240k miles bought couple months ago, engine runs as smooth as any brand name conventional oil. The oil change interval for this old car is 6 months or 6-8k miles with conventional oil, oil filter is changed only on second oil change. The car consumes about 1/2 quarts every 3-4k miles.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Free after rebate Peak 10w-30 in '94 LS400 with 240k miles bought couple months ago, engine runs as smooth as any brand name conventional oil. The oil change interval for this old car is 6 months or 6-8k miles with conventional oil, oil filter is changed only on second oil change. The car consumes about 1/2 quarts every 3-4k miles.

6 months/6000 miles on conventional, with filter changed every other cycle really seems smart. Manufacturers recommend it for a reason. Most filters can handle that interval. Free after rebate does rock.

I just got a couple of great synth deals recently. Had I not I believe I'd just go with YB, WB, MC. Or whatever is Free after rebate like the Peak.

For those of us with regular cars, doing regular driving, it can't be beat.

I will say that as long as one is comfortable, going the 1 year and 12,000 miles with Mobil 1 EP might be just as good. A one year OCI could be cool. At $30 with a Mobil 1 filter it's only $30 more than free. Which is worth the convenience to some. Of course I am still getting up the guts to do a 6 month change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Art_Vandelay
Originally Posted By: Xman77
97 Crown Vic 290k mi - Peak 10w30

Love the high mileage on that Crown Vic of yours. How's it running? Those cars really go the distance.

What's your oil change interval on it? Always conventional?

The Crown is doing great. Had some starter hijinx last week because replacement part was a dud, and consumes around 1.5 qts per OCI. Mostly do 3-4k OCI's with whatever oil is the best deal. I have Castrol Semi-synthetic & Napa synthetic waiting in the wings due to recent sales. I do 80% highway so the OCI's may stretch out soon.

Wal-mart near work has 5 qt QS synthetic for $15 so that may be next.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back