Monroe Ceramic Brake Pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used Monroe Ceramic Brake pads before? I just ordered some and they have a $30 rebate, so they are a pretty good deal. I am not sure how good they are, and I have never used them before. Any experiences?

Yup, the same company. Monroe Brake Pads are listed on this website. They have a pretty good rebate going on right now. That is why I ordered them. I hope they work out. I have not heard of anyone using them yet though.

The first two sets on my Taurus were Motorcraft. I put in Morse brand the last time with new rotors. I can't tell a difference. They should probably be OK.

I am trying Akebono on my Dads Caravan van. They make the pads for a bunch of OEs. They were pricey but my Dad is hard on brakes and he paid for them. I will see how those perform and last.

I just put a set of these on my car because of the rebate. Too soon to see how well they hold up, but the performance is good and no more brake dust like the cheapo pads that I replaced.

my Dad is hard on brakes and he paid for them. I will see how those perform and last[b/]

Almost all people that are "hard on brakes" are left footed breakers......they tend to hit the brakes when they don't need too ( going through green lights, going down hill and the car is .0005 MPH over the speed limit..so they ride it till the bottom...also my favorite...taking off from a dead stop..and riding the brake until ..well...who knows what makes them take there foot off the brake.

Originally Posted By: Cooper
Has anyone used Monroe Ceramic Brake pads before? I just ordered some and they have a $30 rebate, so they are a pretty good deal. I am not sure how good they are, and I have never used them before. Any experiences?

How well are they working?

I did pick up the monroe ceramic brake pads for my saturn ion, which has ceramics from the factory.

The factory pads were totally dustless. The rotors were worn, so I decided to replace pads and rotors at once.

The new monroe ceramic pads make a mess of the wheels. Much dirtier than the oem brake pads.

Cheap after rebate, and totally silent, but i'm not 100 percent happy with them .

Originally Posted By: JustinH
I did pick up the monroe ceramic brake pads for my saturn ion, which has ceramics from the factory.

The factory pads were totally dustless. The rotors were worn, so I decided to replace pads and rotors at once.

The new monroe ceramic pads make a mess of the wheels. Much dirtier than the oem brake pads.

Cheap after rebate, and totally silent, but i'm not 100 percent happy with them .

You get what you paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back