Best "bang for your buck" fuel treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biodiesel- you can get a gallon for
Shock dose is 1 ounce per gallon. Maintenance does is 1 ounce per 5-10gallons.

Come on people! FP and FP Plus will do all you need. Treat the cause not the symptoms once a year.

For those of you who don't know we have been sponsors here for 6-7 years and a favorite of BITOGers for many years.

Give us a try!

I'm sorta a newbie to your products and love 'em. Work great in all my gas powered stuff!
thumbsup2.gif

Use biodiesel in a parts washer and you will understand.

Biodiesel should aid in lubrication, add a little btu to the fuel, and should do a good job cleaning the fuel system, including the injectors and anything downstream of the injectors.

I also use FP Plus. Always have had good results with it. What I did was first run Techron for a tank and then switched over and have been using FP+ since then.

I started using Shell-nitrogen, and nothing else -I keep a bottle of redline in the trunk for road trips where shell can not be found.

After 1000kms I really like the "new" fuel.

I have driven over 2500K KM on it and haven't noticed a difference. Might be that the engine is running clean and it's just maintaining it.

The fancy banners they have up at the station make me feel good though.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I have driven over 2500K KM on it and haven't noticed a difference. Might be that the engine is running clean and it's just maintaining it.

The fancy banners they have up at the station make me feel good though.
LOL.gif

I don't believe Shell has sold the nitrogen gas long enough for you to have driven 2,500,000 kilometres! At least that's what I THINK 2500K KM would equate to!

Originally Posted By: [RT
ProjUltraZ] Valvoline fuel inj cleaner was 2/$6 and i actually feel something. says treats 20 gal i dropped it w/ 12 gal in tank

You feel your wallet getting lighter?
LOL.gif
J/K

Best bang for your buck?

I don't know, but the highly regarded fuel system cleaner that I tried only made my wallet feel lighter.

Originally Posted By: LCD
Come on people! FP and FP Plus will do all you need. Treat the cause not the symptoms once a year.

For those of you who don't know we have been sponsors here for 6-7 years and a favorite of BITOGers for many years.

Give us a try!

A BIG +1 here.

I've been using FP (60/3000/Plus) for a few years now in my '95 Civic, now with 102,500+ miles. Currently use FP-Plus at a dosage of about two ounces per average fillup of six gallons in an 11-gallon +/- tank (though one ounce would probably suffice) and she is a very happy little tin-can wonder, the fuel injectors have needed nothing else in the 60,000 or so miles I've been using the stuff.

The cost per dose is quite inexpensive IMO and its upper cylinder lubrication qualities are an added benefit.

+1 TC-W3 research is what first got me here. I can't say I have done any tests on the internals of my engine but it runs great, very smooth idle.

lubromoly fuel injector cleaner at napa for $5.79 gets my vote. I liked it better than techron and better than redline si-1. It seemed more effective and results seemed to last longer than the other two. I have tried cheapos such as gunk?, pyroil, stp etc. and they all did nothing for me. Outlaw worked well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back