How do I post my Pdf's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure. Have you tried bracketing the url of the pdf with
tags?

If you're using Windows:

Open the PDF in Adobe Reader. Make sure the window is big enough so that the entire document is legible. Hit Alt+PrintScreen. Open Microsoft Paint, go to Edit->Paste (you should see an image of the PDF in Paint now), save the file as a PNG or JPG format to your harddrive.

Go to http://www.imageshack.us and upload your image to there. When it is finished uploading it will give you several links. I'd just use the 'direct link' option and post that link as an image.

HTH

Management of the site would rather have you type the pertinent results rather than post a PDF of the sheet. I gather it saves bandwidth and probably hard drive space and processor time on the server. Since this is a free site, it seems to me whatever little bit we can do is a small payback.

Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Management of the site would rather have you type the pertinent results rather than post a PDF of the sheet. I gather it saves bandwidth and probably hard drive space and processor time on the server.

Well, you can use one of many free image hosting servers out there - this does not affect BITOG server's bandwidth nor hard drive space. But the downside is that those images are out of BITOG's control. If the user ever deletes those images or the free hosting site disappears, the data in your BITOG post gets lost forever.

Originally Posted By: Throckmorton
I'm not sure. Have you tried bracketing the url of the pdf with
tags?

PDF is not an image, so it won't work. He could still post a link to a pdf file, but he would have to upload it to a server first. Most free file hosting sites will not allow you to upload pdf files though, so it's better convert the pdf to PNG or JPEG image first, and then upload that instead, like the other posters already suggested.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Jim Allen
Management of the site would rather have you type the pertinent results rather than post a PDF of the sheet. I gather it saves bandwidth and probably hard drive space and processor time on the server.

Well, you can use one of many free image hosting servers out there - this does not affect BITOG server's bandwidth nor hard drive space. But the downside is that those images are out of BITOG's control. If the user ever deletes those images or the free hosting site disappears, the data in your BITOG post gets lost forever.

QuattroPete: Wouldn't BITOG having to connect to the image hosting server take a certain amount of bandwidth? I'm no expert on this, but a "It seems to me?" thought.

Well, I'm no expert myself, but I believe that it is your own PC (browser) that requests this content directly from the image hosting server. BITOG just stores the link in the post. Your browser actually interprets it and pulls the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back