Amsoil Power Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking about using this to do corbon removal on my outboard, has anyone used it? What is your opinion? I have used seafoam deepcreep, and OMC motor tuner which work great, but the Amsoil Power Foam is a little less expensive.

i'm talking about spraying into a running outboard to burn out carbon, not adding it to the gas.

Originally Posted By: leckbass
I was thinking about using this to do corbon removal on my outboard, has anyone used it? What is your opinion? I have used seafoam deepcreep, and OMC motor tuner which work great, but the Amsoil Power Foam is a little less expensive.

I tried a can of the Walmart Super Tech Engine Degreaser - looks and smells just like the Amsoil stuff. The Amsoil stuff does have a stronger odor, but same stink. Around $2 a can for the Wally World stuff.

you spray the super tech stuff into the throttle body? i thought that was made for the outside of the engine?

I looked at the MSDS for both amsoil and supertech foams; Supertech is mostly diesel fuel, amsoil is mostly naptha. Both contain 2-Butoxyethanol which may be where the similar stink comes from.

Originally Posted By: leckbass
you spray the super tech stuff into the throttle body? i thought that was made for the outside of the engine?

Nope...it's engine degreaser. I do clean the throttle body with it to remove the built up oil and carbon deposits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back