Empty ammo shelves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Samilcar
Originally Posted By: Bill in Utah

Them trying to destroying all the surplus brass from the military (which has failed for now) was just the beginning.

While I'm not yet sure whether the decision to destroy all surplus military brass was malicious or not (at this point in time I'm leaning toward it being a standard bureaucratic SNAFU), I'm encouraged by the fact that it was reversed so quickly once it was brought to light. Ten or fifteen years ago this wouldn't have happened. Anyone objecting simply would have been ignored.
The past is easily forgotten .

Originally Posted By: Buffman
Originally Posted By: CITYSLICKER
Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
People are hoarding guns and ammos because of decade old rumors that a democrat president will come in and take everyone's guns and it can drive the price up.

These rumors are a bit more recent than the last decade , see current HR45 bill for starters .

That bill is OLD News. has been since it was introduced in Jan. IT HAS NO, repeat NO cosponsors. Just like the similiar versions introduced over the past few years, IT DIES everytime. NRA mumbo jumbo call tried to scare me with that today when he called.

It's not much, but there are 68 DEMOCRAT REPs who wrote a letter to the AG, stating they've had enough of all these introductions of new Gun Laws, and a supposeded AWB

The 1994 AW ban bill was also old news , before it was passed via executive order .

Even with NO supporters the Pres can issue an executive order effective for 10 years that's why the ban expired in 2004 .

Originally Posted By: Buffman
Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
People are hoarding guns and ammos because of decade old rumors that a democrat president will come in and take everyone's guns and it can drive the price up.

These rumors are a bit more recent than the last decade , see current HR45 bill for starters .

That bill is OLD News. has been since it was introduced in Jan. IT HAS NO, repeat NO cosponsors. Just like the similiar versions introduced over the past few years, IT DIES everytime. NRA mumbo jumbo call tried to scare me with that today when he called.

It's not much, but there are 68 DEMOCRAT REPs who wrote a letter to the AG, stating they've had enough of all these introductions of new Gun Laws, and a supposeded AWB

The 1994 AW ban bill was also old news , before it was passed via executive order .

Even with NO supporters the Pres can issue an executive order effective for 10 years that's why the ban expired in 2004 .

Might want to check your sources. Billy Bob signed it into law, AFTER it was passed by Congress. Executive Orders don't create laws, they are to further/enforce current laws. the SCOTUS ruled on E.O.'s being used for new laws. I suppose B.O. could find some way to enact a E.O. in regards to it, but it would meet opposition.

This bill and similiar forms of it, get introduced everyear for the past many years. It goes nowhere every year.

As Buffman has already pointed out, this is not the case. The ten year expiration date on the 1994 ban was pushed by the NRA after they realized the bill was going to have enough votes to pass. The ban supporters agreed to this expiration date because they believed it would be easy to get a re-authorization after the ten years was up.

The ban actually came very close to being renewed in 2004.

OK , I stand corrected . The E.O. came after ... But it did actually come before the bill was actually a law .

But the general tension concerning the enactment of another ban is what is driving the current sales of guns and ammo .

But the general tension concerning the enactment of another ban is what is driving the current sales of guns and ammo.

That wouldnt explain why I cant find enough 22LR options to find what my new rifle wont be picky about.

JFK signed the Freedom From War bill or Treaty which would progressively disarm the subjects .Then the countrys,allowing only allowing enough arms to keep the subjects in line then give the majority of arms and power to the U.N. to keep the world in line. Look it up . All the politicians are one world order types dems and republicans .There will never be a non one world order president .

Originally Posted By: Mystic
I just wish people would stop hoarding all the ammo. Instead of hoarding ammo how about if we see what happens in Congress and if a lot of silly stuff gets passed we can vote those people out of office. Get to the root of the problem rather than hoard ammo.
The odds of an incumbent voted out by a constitutional believing politician is very slim. Been in to this for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back