my engine sounds like a sewing machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
changed the oil yesterday.

noticed that it sounds like a sewing machine - discernible above the normal engine hum - it always has, no matter which oil or filter.

also noticed a high pitched squeal (very hard to discern, but there - if i were older i would not have heard it).

any reason for this sewing machine clatter? is it normal

Originally Posted By: rationull
That's OK. My engine sounds like what I imagine a diesel vacuum cleaner would sound like.

LOL.gif

beer3.gif

Sounds just like my kids 08 Rav4. Try some MaxLife syn blend in it. Price reduced to $14 for 5 qt jug at WM. Maxlife has quieted other Toyotas for me before.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Japanese cars have sewing machine engines, so it sounds that way

27.gif

Yes, they do...and most of them keep sewing for 2-300k without issue unlike their GM piston slapper competitors...
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: PT1

27.gif

Yes, they do...and most of them keep sewing for 2-300k without issue unlike their GM piston slapper competitors...
LOL.gif

Just couldn't make it through without some kind of American car slam.

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
Originally Posted By: PT1

27.gif

LOL.gif

Just couldn't make it through without some kind of American car slam.

Well after spending $100k for 2 GM piston slappers I am qualified to make that remark from experience.
smirk2.gif

Oh guys ease up - We all know that the American bashers are more vocal and always ruin the treads first. I just had to help even things out here. I'd take a piston slapper over a sewing machine anyday PT1.

Oh guys ease up - We all know that the American bashers are more vocal and always ruin the treads first. I just had to help even things out here. I'd take a piston slapper over a sewing machine anyday PT1.

If you like piston slappers, you work for the right company. Sorry, couldn't resist.
grin2.gif
11.gif

Originally Posted By: XS650

If you like piston slappers, you work for the right company. Sorry, couldn't resist.
grin2.gif
11.gif

That was a good one.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back