marvel mystery oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
NO!

I used it in my first car (87 Cavalie 2.0) on an oil changem and my car did not like it at all.It just ran rough, and flatlined on just about everything else.

I switched it out after 250 miles with a new oil change, and it was fine after that.

I know a few people who have had luck with it, mostly with older cars/trucks...

Running in my Dad's engine. It was more sludged up than I thought. I ran 2 Auto-RX runs but should have changed the oil filters more often.
I did some mechanical work on the engine including changing the oil and filter. I cut the filter apart. I was horrified at what I found in the filter and in the engine.

I changed the oil and filter and ran 1/2 qt MMO for 100 miles and then cut the filter apart. The element was starting collapse. So the filter was catching a lot of stuff still. Can't say how much junk was being knocked loose from the MMO. I am going to run another 1/2 qt to do more slow cleaning of the engine.

PS.... I don't hear much about Rislone on here but I would consider it probably at the same level as MMO.

Last edited:
MMO saved my 1970 Ford 351C-4V in the Cougar. Prior to MMO use, I was bending pushrods every time it ran above 5400 rpm. With MMO no more bent pushrods-I'm a believer, although I would hesitate to use it in the crankcase of a motor vehicle today because there isn't a need for the average driver

Steve

Originally Posted By: oilboy123
Running in my Dad's engine. It was more sludged up than I thought. I ran 2 Auto-RX runs but should have changed the oil filters more often.
I did some mechanical work on the engine including changing the oil and filter. I cut the filter apart. I was horrified at what I found in the filter and in the engine.

I changed the oil and filter and ran 1/2 qt MMO for 100 miles and then cut the filter apart. The element was starting collapse. So the filter was catching a lot of stuff still. Can't say how much junk was being knocked loose from the MMO. I am going to run another 1/2 qt to do more slow cleaning of the engine.

PS.... I don't hear much about Rislone on here but I would consider it probably at the same level as MMO.

There is a fairly good recent thread on Rislone...

And I'd put CD2 Engine Detergent in that category as well...

Last edited:
I ran it in my truck for a few hundred miles when I bought it used. Also ran seafoam in the Vac Lines. Gave it a oil change to PP and the thing ran smooth for the year and a half I had it.
I got rid of it only because I was not useing the truck like I thought I would be.

I used it in the oil of a '97 Expedition 4.6L. It didn't do anything, as far as I could tell.

I may use some in my GTI 1.8T for a couple hundred miles before I change the oil, just for kicks.

I used a quart in my 97 Avalon last year during an oil change. I could tell no difference in performance, etc. and the MMO is so thin compared to the motor oil that I am not comfortable doing it again.

It's great for thinning the oil down some in the winter. Harley Davidson used to recommend it in the 80's for winter riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back