2007 Cadilac Esclade oil type syn or dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change the oil any time between 0 and 10% if you wish to go by the OLM.

As to oil just look in your owner's manual. It will tell you what oil to use. It will either be an oil meeting GM6094M( conventional )or an oil meeting GM4718M( synthetic ).

Originally Posted By: bigsteve
my sister has misplaced the owners manual at the moment. Does the 0% to 10% the same for synthetic and dino?

Yes. The OLM will be calibrated for the recommended oil. YOu can also look under the hood and see if there is a Mobil 1 oil fill cap on the engine. If it came calling for synthetic they usually have the M1 oil cap. If it has the 6.2L engine I would say it is definitely the GM4718M but if it is only the 6.0L it might be GM6094M.

Does anyone know what Cadilac used for factory fill on this car synthetic or dino 5w30? And to what percent on the OCM can the oil go before changing?

I work at the plant that built your Escalade. Factory fill for your 6.2L is Mobil 1 5W/30 synthetic oil.

Originally Posted By: tig1
OLM? But 08 Caddy calls for M1 5-30 FF. Some 07s as well.

You are correct. GM did not start the early 07's on synthetic oil. This change came 6 months into the start of production to reduce engine noise,but the spec is retro-active so all Escalades should use synthetic oil meeting specs.

She just had the oil changed today and the buick dealer quick lube and was charged $2.88 a quart x6 for the oil they put in it. So I would think that it was dino oil they used and not Mobil 1 5w30.

What AC delco oil filter does this truck use?

Last edited:
She just had the oil changed today and the buick dealer quick lube and was charged $2.88 a quart x6 for the oil they put in it. So I would think that it was dino oil they used and not Mobil 1 5w30.

For a 2007 Escalade 6.2, a GM4718M oil is NOT required. It is only required on the 2008 and newer models.

So the quick lube did install the correct oil. You can safely run the OLM down to 0% as it was calibrated for conventional oil. However as GMBoy suggests, using a GM4718M may not be a bad idea for this application.

I just downloaded the manual online and it said to use GM6094M. I did not see anthing about using synthetic oil is there a message that was sent out or something else?

No, this was a midproduction running change. No TSB's issued.

You would be better running the synthetic oil as there was no changes to the engine in your truck to the 08+ but the factory recommends it now. It was done ,mainly to reduce noise. But you will in no way damage your engine if you continue to use a good dino oil, of course.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
I just downloaded the manual online and it said to use GM6094M. I did not see anthing about using synthetic oil is there a message that was sent out or something else?

No, this was a midproduction running change. No TSB's issued.

You would be better running the synthetic oil as there was no changes to the engine in your truck to the 08+ but the factory recommends it now. It was done ,mainly to reduce noise. But you will in no way damage your engine if you continue to use a good dino oil, of course.

Mobil 1 reduces noise?

shocked2.gif

what other cars does GM use the 6.2 engine in?

Corvette is a 436HP 6.2L LS3. Pontiac G8 GXP I believe will have the LS3 along with the upcoming 2010 Camaro SS with a 422hp LS3. The 6.2 also is used in the 09 Tahoe, Yukon, Sierra, Silverado and Escalade. An awesome motor to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back