Gunk valve medic, is it a flush or additive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 12 oz. yellow bottle, of gunk valve medic...What is this stuff?it says, to quiet noisy valves.. is a powerful blend of quick-acting solvents, NOT to be confused with ordinary oil additives. It normally quiets vavle lifters in 5 minutes driving or less.directions.Run engine to normal operating temperature. shut
off engine, pour entire contents of bottle into crankcase and drive immediatly.IF trouble persists, mechanical repair is indicated. Conatains (CAS#) Aliphatic petroleum distillate (68476-34-6), Napthenic petroleum oil mixture(64742-53-6/64742-52-5)USe with adequate ventilation..
IS this stuff an additive you leave in? Or is it actually a flush, intended to be taken out in 15 minutes?

It's an additive you're supposed to leave in for your usual OCI. I've never used it, but have had success with a similar product, Wynn's Engine Tune-Up. I believe that one is a good product to use periodically for a quick clean up of the engine....

I haven't seen it in over 20 years (someone else using it) ..but it was a thin solvent that (I imagine) dissolved some varnish that would be making your lifters stick ..and then volatilize (at least most of it). You left it in for the entire OCI.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I haven't seen it in over 20 years (someone else using it) ..but it was a thin solvent that (I imagine) dissolved some varnish that would be making your lifters stick ..and then volatilize (at least most of it). You left it in for the entire OCI.

Here is a description of it but it does seem to be very thin from shaking the bottle. Not that being thin says anything about the product but sounds like its probably like Gary remembers seeing it.

http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=GUN&MfrPartNumber=M3712&CategoryCode=2049

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back