Lucas oil additives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes you guys got me with the snake oil zMax. What about Lucas oil additives? I used a fuel additive a couple of times and wasn't impressed. I figure the rest is the same.

i've tried the lucas upper cyl lubricant which you pour a bottle of it into your fuel tank.. i tried it twice in a 9 month period.. didnt hear, feel, smell, taste a difference at all... bottle was only like $4.95. i feel it didnt do as it said.

so i went ahead and purchased a bottle of redline SL-1 which is highly regarded on here, im going to try it next fillup.

as for the lucas oil additives.. i tried the heavy duty oil additive with some quaker state high mileage(yea weird combination right) . i didnt feel, hear or nothing of a difference.. it was a rather waste of money and a ton of people i heard from said not to bother using that lucas heavy duty oil additive...

Last edited:
Don't buy any oil additives. Neither you nor I can home-brew better oil than the oil company chemists. If you want better oil, buy better oil.

Auto-Rx and LC20 are different. They're not suitable for inclusion into bottled oil, and they do work. (Auto-Rx is to pricey...LC20 evaporates out and must be replenished every 1000 miles.)

thumbsup2.gif

Auto-Rx is quite suitable for inclusion in bottled oil and why you think its, pricey mystifies me. Auto-Rx cleans engines transmissions (both manual and automatic), motorcycles, power steering units, differentials all this for $26.97 and we guarantee it to work or your money back.

It,s the best product with the best guarantee sold.

Originally Posted By: Frank

Is that not relative answers?

Frank, I do respect your product quite a lot and it's results are outstanding but I have to say when I read that post I heard Billy Mays' voice in my head. (You know, the guy who sells 'Oxy Clean' on TV). No offense.
32.gif

I'm going to look into getting a dose for the wife's car once we get all the hurricane Ike damage taken care of.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
what exactly are you trying to cure with additives?

It's not a question of curing but prevention.

Originally Posted By: Frank
Auto-Rx is quite suitable for inclusion in bottled oil and why you think its, pricey mystifies me. Auto-Rx cleans engines transmissions (both manual and automatic), motorcycles, power steering units, differentials all this for $26.97 and we guarantee it to work or your money back.

After reading about those products and all the results I'm ready to try one or both. If something works the price is not an issue. It's cheaper than engine rebuilding down the road. I'm going to be changing my oil to 0W20 shortly for winter so I want to clean it out before hand. I'll be staying with the Amsoil brand.

Lucas is great it works I don't change oil without it I have two trucks with over 260000 miles Lucas added every change!

10 posts so far

6 today in additives extolling lucrap

hmmmm ...

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Are you a Lucas employee or something? From your recent posts it makes me wonder....

I have used a lot of Lucas stuff...No need to use it unless you have HM or worn gears, etc.

I have used the tranny additive to bolster HM auto trannies and they did shift a bit better.

I have used the dino version of the Oil satbilizer and it was in a worn out K-5 blazer with 1QT Lucas and 4QTs Mystik 10w40...and in the worn diffs, 50% Lucas/50% dino 80w90 gear oil.

The avg non worn or severe duty vehicle doesn't NEED it...

The deisel guys seem to love the fuel additve so I run a bottle in my Jeep once a year just for kicks.

They are not snake oil...just a quality oil company with a few popular additives for some applications...

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Are you a Lucas employee or something? From your recent posts it makes me wonder....

This could be said about many different people on here about many different additives on here.

Maybe it is just the placebo effect, but when i used it in one tank (3 ounces to every ten gallons, about once every OCI) I got a 20 % mileage increase In My Dodge, but the wifes kia was only 15% so i gues every car is different. i like it though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back